Ch.1: Captured

4 years later

Itachi's POV

"PAPA! PAPA! CUSSY-OJI IS GONNA SACRIFICE ME AGAIN!!!" I heard the squeal of my daughter's voice echo off the walls of the base.

I dropped the scroll I was currently reading about the Sharingan and ran towards the voice of my little Emiko. As soon as I entered the living room I saw Emiko in the arms of another Akatsuki member, Hidan. Hidan had medium-length silver hair that was slicked back and distinctive purple eyes. He wore his Akatsuki cloak open with no shirt, only pants under it, and revealing his Tugakure forehead protector around his neck and Jashin amulet. He also wore dark green nail polish and his orange Akatsuki ring on his index finger, which bears the kanji for "three." Hidan was a Jashinist who enjoyed killing people for his religion and took great pleasure in making their deaths as painful as possible. Ever since I joined the Akatsuki with Emiko, he has frequently tried to sacrifice her, but the other members or I would interfere.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my daughter scream for me again. Her eyes were wide as she struggled to get out of the Jashinist's grasps. The knife that was being held in Hidan's hands was aimed at Emiko's chest, or more specifically, her heart. When the knife was about to stab her, I jumped forwards and grabbed Emiko out of Hidan's hold and into my arms.

She stopped screaming when she saw she was in safe arms and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her protectively and glared at Hidan with my Sharingan activated. A small smirk made it's way on my face when I saw the result of what Hidan did. It seemed that the knife was heading at Emiko at such speed that when I grabbed her, Hidan ended up stabbing himself. He was grunting in pain but was mumbling about how good it felt.

I was about to trap him in a genjutsu where Hidan would experience himself dying over and over again, but Leader-sama was one step ahead of me. It seemed that Leader-sama saw the whole situation play through from when I entered the room. He grabbed Hidan by the scruff of his cloak and dragged him down a hallway and into his office.

After a few minutes of staring at the empty corridor with Emiko in silence, screams of agony and torture rang through the large, underground base. Emiko giggled lightly at the pain that was being inflicted on Hidan. I smiled and ruffled her hair. She smiled up at me and removed my hand from her head to smooth out her hair. I kneeled in front of her and brushed some hair out of her face as I caressed her cheek. She smiled and leaned into my touch while closing her eyes. I smiled at her and deactivated my Sharingan. I gently placed a kiss on her forehead. When I pulled away, I saw Emiko open her eyes and place a small hand towards my own onyx orbs. I nodded at her as I closed both my eyes. I felt her place both of her hands over them. I saw a faint green light from behind my closed eyelids as Emiko's chakra slowly healed the pain away. When she removed her hands from my eyes I slowly opened them up. She smiled sadly at me as the green chakra that enveloped her hands slowly dissipated.

Emiko knew that if I used my Sharingan too much, my vision would slowly become worse. She constantly healed them to make sure I wouldn't lose my sight permanently, but her medical ninjutsu's effect on my eyes slowly lessened as time passed. I'm thankful that she did this for me and didn't ask me to stop using my Sharingan. She knew my goals and understood why I chose this path, but she had told me that she had conflicted feelings about it. One side said she should be by my side and support my decision, while the other wants me to stay by her side and be with her for as long as possible.

I tenderly pulled her up into my arms as I stood up and walked towards the couch that was in front of the television. I sat down slowly onto the couch and placed Emiko on my lap. She laid her back on my chest as I eased us into a comfortable position. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she held my arms in place with her own. We sat there for who knows how long, just enjoying each other's company and silence.