Ch.6: Graduation Exam

Emiko's POV

I smiled as I skipped down the path towards the academy. I clutched my teddy bear towards my chest as to contain my excitement. Today was the day when I truly prove to others my worth on becoming a shinobi for Konoha. I'll finally be able to become a true shinobi like my Mama and Papa. I'm even closer to my dream now. I stopped when a sudden thought reached me.

I'll finally become a true shinobi.... but Papa won't be by my side.

I shook my head to get rid of that thought. Today shouldn't be a day where I mourn for my father's presence. He may not be with physically but he'll be with me in my heart, the same with mama. I sighed sadly and walked the rest of the way to the academy. I suddenly stopped when I heard the sound of pounding feet coming from behind me. I turned around and stared questionably as I saw a cloud of dust heading my way. I gave a small squeak as I saw that it was that Sakura girl from yesterday and another of Sasuke's fangirls.

Before they could trample me, I moved to the side. I coughed as the dust that followed behind them entered my mouth and nose. My nose crinkled as I covered my face with my kimono sleeve. I gave a small sneeze and watched as the two fangirls raced towards the academy while people avoided their path. I giggled as one of the elder ladies was knocked down and began yelling at them to watch where they were going only to be ignored by the two girls.

Smiling, I ran towards the lady who had dropped her groceries and helped her up.

"Are you alright miss?" I asked.

"I am now dear. Thank you very much. At least now I know that the younger generation has some manners." The woman said playfully.

The woman was a villager from the clothes she was wearing. She looked to be in her near 60s, but her hair didn't have a single grey in sight. The lady was fairly tall with pose an elder would rarely have. She wore a long brown skirt that flowed down to her calves with a white apron on top, a regular white blouse, and a beige shawl. Her long chocolate brown hair was placed in a low ponytail with pieces framing her face. I could see the wrinkles on the corner of her eyes and lips showing that she smiled often.

I giggled as I passed her the bag I was holding. "I'm very sorry about those two girls. They have an obsession over my oji and I think they were racing towards the academy. I'm Emiko Uchiha by the way."

"Hmmm... I see the girls these days are far more possessive than in my days. It's very nice to meet you Emiko-chan. I'm Hanamiya Makoto."

"Flowery truth?"

Makato-sama chuckled. "Yes Emiko-chan, my name means flowery truth. Now I think it's almost time for the academy to start. You should get going."

My eyes widened and I looked up at the sky. From the way the sun is positioned it should almost be 8:30. I gave a small squeak. I just couldn't be late today.

"It was nice to meet you Makato-sama, but I should be going to the academy now. I would help you bring your groceries to your house but I can't be late today. Today is the day we get our hitai-ate after all. I hope to see you soon." I bowed.

I lifted my head as I head Makato-sama chuckle.

"No need to add -sama at the end or call me by my last name Emiko-chan." Hanamiya said.

"Then what about Miya-oba?"

"Dear, I'm far too old to be called aunt by such a young child. You can call me Miya-obāchan if you want."

I smiled and nodded. "Well it was nice to meet you Miya-obāchan! I hope we meet again."

Miya-obāchan nodded and waved at me as I ran towards the academy, but I suddenly came to a halt as I remembered something. I turned around and ran to Miya-obāchan. I grabbed the back of her skirt to stop her as she was walking off already. She stopped and stared at me in confusion. Smiling I summoned another of my chakra necklaces. I placed all my chakra stones in a scroll that I'm able to summon from anytime with the use of my chakra. It was a pretty emerald stone surrounded by silver petals making it look like a flower and was hung on a silver chain.