Ch.9: Introductions

DISCLAIMER TIME

Me: Since I don't have anyone to do the disclaimer for me, I'll be doing it. I do not own Naruto the plot or any of the characters that are in this fanfic except for Emiko Uchiha, Kyoko Uchiha, and Kou-kun (Emiko's teddy bear) and more characters that I have added. They belong to Masashi Kishimoto and TV Tokyo. Man that was troublesome. *Eyes sparkle and fist pumps* HELL YEAH! Shikamaru moment!

DISCLAIMER ENDED

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Emiko's POV

My cheeks puffed as an annoyed expression took over my face.

Sasuke left the classroom after telling me he needed to go and grab his lunch since he forgot it at home. Sakura, being her usual loyal fangirl self, followed Sasuke wanting to join him for lunch. Naruto, having a crush on Sakura, followed her, hoping that if Sasuke rejected Sakura, she would go to Naruto instead. Leaving me alone to eat my lunch.

I sighed and grabbed my bento in one hand and Kou-kun in the other. Walking out of the class and into the yard, I watched as I passed by groups of different teams talking and getting to know each other. I sighed and hugged Kou-kun to my chest.

Baka teammates. Leaving me all alone.

I grumbled to myself as I looked around for a place to eat my lunch. I stopped in front of one of the trees in front if the academy. The tree was fairly tall. It was probably 20 metres high. From the shape of the leaves the tree was an Arborvitae tree. I smiled and climbed the truck of the tree without using my hands with the use of my chakra.

Once I found a nice study branch in the tree I sat down with my back against the trunk and my lunch and Kou-kun in my lap. I sighed with a blissful smile on my face as I watched the view from my place. I was probably 3/4 up the tree, making me about 15 meters above the ground. I watched as villagers ran through the busy streets of Konoha continuing their usual routines of the day. My gaze lifted to the sky where only the sun and a couple birds occupied.

I looked back to my hands where my homemade bento laid. Smiling to myself, I opened it, making sure I had a tight grip on Kou-kun so he wouldn't fall. Inside the bento was rice, tempura, octopus hotdogs, and rabbit shaped apples. Grinning at my work, I plucked the chopsticks that were taped onto the lid and ate my lunch.

My eyes sparkled as I ate and I gave myself an imaginary pat on the back.

Another bento success!

I guess you're wondering how I know how to cook when I'm only 8. Well, back at the Akatsuki, no one but Konan knew how to cook. The food they made was inedible, poisoned, burnt, or we couldn't even define what it was. I swear that one of Kakuzu's meals actually moved once. It was a good thing that Hidan was immortal. We forced him to eat all the food to see if they were edible enough to eat, seeing as Konan would be out for a mission and Kakuzu wouldn't use his money to pay for take out.

Papa was glad to know that I was able to cook, but he wasn't too fond of the idea of me being near a burning stove.

I sighed in content once I finished my food. I placed everything back in their rightful place and just sat, relaxing into the moment of peace. I closed my eyes and remembered all the times that I would climb the trees outside the base with Deidara, since he was the only one who would be willing to play with me.

I let the image fade away and looked up at the sky. From the position of the sun, it should be time to meet our new senseis.

Grabbing my now empty lunch and Kou-kun in my arms, I jumped off the tree. I smiled as I left the feeling of the wind brush through my hair as I free fell through the air, towards the ground. Before I landed and broke a leg, I placed chakra into my feet to break my fall. I landed gently without a scratch. Too bad the ground didn't have the same predicament. The ground that was surrounding me no longer had grass and was dented, creating a small crater.