Ch.16: Is this really a C-rank?

DISCLAIMER

Kou: Sup Yume?

Me: Hello Kou, how ya doing?

Kou: Nothing much. I am a teddy bear after all.

Me: Sorry about that, but it just had to be.

Kou: It's all right. So I know you didn't call me just to ask who I am, so what do you want?

Me: *laughs* Guess you caught me. I need you to say the disclaimer.

Kou: Sure thing Yume, n1ght_dr34m3r does not own Naruto, the plot, or any of the characters besides Ko-chan, me, Ko-chan mom, and all the other OC mentioned in this fanfic. Yume owns all the plot changes as well and some new jutsus that are mentioned.

Me: Thank you Kou.

Kou: No prob. I must go before Ko-chan sees that I'm gone. Bye! *waves*
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Emiko's POV

I sat on a tree branch swinging my legs under me. I sighed gazing at the sky as I remembered the dream I had last night. It's been about 2 years since the Ryuu Clan massacre. No one knows who did it except for Kou. Though we're very close friends, he won't tell me anything in fear that I may stray off into the path of revenge. Kou's smart and knows that even if he did tell me I wouldn't resolve to revenge, but he does know that if we ever come in contact with the clan murderer, he won't be able to hold me back from severely hurting said person. 

I yelped as I fell back on the branch from the sound of the intercom coming on. Using my fast reflexes I sent chakra to my feet allowing me to hang upside down on the branch. Quickly I reached out and grabbed Kou before he hit the ground. Releasing a relieved breath, I let the chakra weaken and flipped as I landed on the ground like a cat. Standing straight, I walked over to a small clearing and crouched behind a bush as I spotted our target.

I continued to watch the target as I saw everyone take position through my peripheral view. At the moment I had moved my position to hide in a high branch above my old position. Naruto was watching from a tree as well, while Sasuke and Sasuke were hidden behind some trees. I heard a buzzing sound coming from the intercom giving the signal that our mission was about to begin.

Placing a hand on the intercom I listened as the rest of the team called in.

"Where are your positions?" I heard Kakashi say through the earpiece.

"Sasuke, point B."

"This is Sakura, arrived at point C."

"Emiko, at point D." I called in.

There was a moment of silence until Naruto finally responded.

"This is Naruto, I'm at point A."

"You're slow, Naruto," Kakashi said in his usual bored tone, "Okay Team 7... hm... The target has moved! After it!"

We all ran forward chasing after the target. The team hid behind the trees that surrounded the victim. He was in clear view.

"What is the distance from the target?" Kakashi asked.

"Five meters. I'm ready to go." I heard Naruto.

"I am too." Sasuke.

"Me too." Sakura.

"Ready when you are." I replied.