Chapter 2: Grief?

The entire school, one by one walked to the office where they sat there for 2 hours straight. Hearing people cry over Ninas death.
"Miss, why am I here."
Noah points to the lady walking behind past behind him, but she ignores him.
"Noah, we are here for grief counciling." Will adds.
"I'm devastated but I don't feel any grief."
"Same here. I don't even feel shocked. Its weird." Natalie says.
"The police arn't saying anything. I need gory details."
Jake swiped on his phone, over and over, trying to achieve his hunt to find the details of her murder.
"Do you people even care? Nina was killed in cold blood."
"I don't wanna sound mean or anything but I honesly don't care."
Natalie mutters. Everyone looks at Natalie, pain and hurt crossing most of their faces.
"Oh! Found something. A neighbor tweeted that Ninas throat was cut ear to ear."
Jake widens his eyes as he reads.
"Wait, you don't care?"
Emma asks Natalie. She shrugs and leans back, crossing her arms over eachother.
"She was a bitch. Everyone knew it. She was probably gonna die from something or someone sooner or later."
Riley looked at her, disgusted at what she said. She was about to say something to Natalie but she was cut off.
"Maybe it's something to do with Brandon James."
I look at Emma and see her face drop.
"Brandon James Is dead."
She stands up and leaves. I feel a pain in my stomach and Noah holds onto my hand.
"Who's Brandon James?"
Kieran asks. Natalie gets up and shakes her head, keeping her arms crossed but looking away. Jake glances away from his phone to examine Natalie.
"Go ahead Noah."
Natalie then descies to sit next to Jake and he keeps his eyes on her.
"Brandon is lakewoods slasher. 20 or so years ago he killed dozens of students and Emmas dad was hurt. Natalie and I are step siblings and Natalies dad was..."
"Killed, yeah. Noah, Show him a picture."
She swings her arm up and crosses her arms.
Noah leans in and shows Kieran the photo on his phone. Kieran hums and nods. Leaning back in his chair. Jake stares at Natalie in sadness while he sees her hands shaking.

*Time skip*

"Alright students. School is cancelled for the rest of the day when you have finished grief counciling you may go home."
Natalie, Audrey and Noah walk out of school.
"I'll see you two around."
Audrey says before walking off.
A car beeps and it's there mother. Natalie was about to cross the street when she was pulled back. She turned to see Jake.
"Yes?"
"Jake?"
Noah asked.
"Ima just take your sister for a sec."
Natalie looks back at her brother and nods. He raises his eyebrows but continues to walk to there mothers car.
"Hey...I was wondering if you wanted to do somethin tonight. Just us."
He itches his head.
"Hey, you don't have to act all weird around me. Yes, I'd love to. 7 tonight at your house? You still live-"
"Yup. In the same place."
"Same. I'll see you tonight...7 at your house right?"
"IS THAT JAKEY!"
Natalie laughs and Jakes eyes widen.
"Oh god. Your mother!"
"JAKEEE!"
From a far you can see Nats mother trying to shoot her head out the other window to wave.
"You better go."
"Your right. I'll see ya."
He walks away and looks back at her one more time. They both laugh and Natalie crosses the road and gets into her mother's car.
"That was Jakey wasn't it."
"Yes mom. Lower your voice."
"Hes gotten better hasn't he."
"It's been like 8 years since the last time you saw him. Hes definitely changed."
"I ment better looking..."
"MOM!"
Natalie and Noah yell out. There mother laughs.
Natalie puts her seat belt on and looks outside where Jake left and they drive away.

*Hours later, 6:57 pm*

Natalie arrives at Jakes house and she knocks on the door. It opens to see a woman, Jakes mother.
"My gosh. It's really you."
"Hello Ms.Fitzgerald. How are you."
"I'm wonderful. How are you?"
"I'm great than-"
"MOTHER!"
Nat hears someone run down some stairs and Jake appears. He pushes past his mother and grabs Nats hand. He pulls her inside and they rush upstairs.
"Jake, Slow down!"
"Yes mother!"
They walk down the hallway and he opens his door.
"Here."
Jake points to his room and she enters. She steps one foot in and examines the room.
"It's changed alot..."
The walls are now dark blue, very neat and he has alot of expensive stuff everywhere like a computer, instruments and a huge TV, with a ps3 of course. She jumps onto his bed and looks at him standing in the doorway.
"So? What are we gonna do, you did ask me to hangout?"
"Right! I'm gonna get some chips and Salsa. You pick a movie or show on netflix."
"Okay."
He leaves and Natalie stands up and look at the list of movies on netflix.
She searchs and searchs and couldn't find a good one since she got distracted. She looked and saw drawings on the wall. She took some off and saw the tiger she made underneath, the one she made when they met.
"Are you not going to pick a show or movie?"
She turns to see him with a bowl of chips and another little bowl with salsa.
"You kept it..."
Jake puts the food down and walks over to her. He nods and smiles.
"That was the first time we met."
"That was a fun day."
"It was."
"And then we got older...we split apart."
Jakes smile disappears.
"I'm really sorry."
"You left me and I was so alone. You never answered my calls and I even sent you letters. Did you ever get them?"
"Yes! I just couldn't. I got popular...My friends they-"
"I was your friend!"
Natalies hands balled into a fist in anger.
"Natalie please. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to hurt you."
"Let's watch a movie and we'll see."
Natalie jumps into the bed and lays down. Jake goes to the horror section and picks Texas chainsaw.
"Why with the horror films. You and Noah should be bestfriends."
He laughs and lays beside Natalie, grabbing the chips and salsa.
After a few minutes, the chips snd salsa were gone and they just lay there, with a gap between them.
The chainsaw comes up to the screen and Natalie jumps right up close to Jake. She looks into his eyes and they both look at eachothers lips. A few seconds passed...lips about to connect but... Natalie pushed off of him and stood up. Jake paused the movie and Natalie shook her head.
"Nope..."
"What?"
"I can't do this. I'm not like you. I don't sleep with everyone I know."
He frowned and looked at her.
"I'm sorry. I just wanna be your friend...hopefully we get to know eachother...again."
"Not tonight...I'm tired and we have school tomorrow."
"Well I was hoping after this movie we could go to the party at Brooke's cabin."
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Noah and I were suppose to go with Audrey, to lift her spirits."
"Let's go then. I have a truck."
"One sec. Where's your bathroom."
"Down the hall."
She nods and goes into the bathroom. She pulls out her elastic band out of her hair to make it long, pushing her hair to the front. She puts her hand into her bag and grabs a pink lipstick and applies it on her lips. She rubs off any mistakes.
"LET'S GO!"
She leaves the bathroom and Jake looks at her.
"What?"
"Hair, lips?"
"Maybe i wanna show off, get with some cute guys."
Jake shakes his head and they run outside, into the truck to get to the party.