Chapter 7: Mystery Call

Natalie and Emma walk into the morgue facility.
"This could possibly be another murder." Natalie and Emma stop outside the door and listen onto the conversation.
"Nobody breaks there neck from that kind of ceiling fan." Maggie said.
"So it was staged." Teresa, Natalies mother says.
"Why would someone do that?" The sheriff says.
"We wish we knew."
"We'll let Rachels family mourn, tomorrow Ill open a new case."
"A mother's worst nightmare."
"Have you gotten any packages at your door?"
Natalies mother asks.
"Not since the heart."
"Heart?"
Natalie whispers. Emma shrugs.
"I'm still trying to locate your ex. Have you told Emma?"
"No."
"Have you told Natalie? About anything?"
"No."
"Maybe we should. I'm just trying to protect her. Since her Dad died, I never wanted to tell her anything."
"It'll bring questions up. That we don't know the answer too. There smart kids."
Emma grabs Natalies hand and they leave.
"What were they talking about?"
"I don't know."
Emmas phone beeps. It's from an unknown. They look and read. It says "Morning sunshine. You & Mom have heart to heart yet?"
Emma rushes out of the station and Natalie runs after her. Natalie looked around and couldn't see her.
She checks her phone and sees a message from Audrey.
Audrey: [Going to Rachels to mourn with her family. See you there?]
Natalie: [ I'll be there in 20. ]

*18 minutes later*

Natalie arrives at the Murray house. She enters wearing her black dress with her grey belt. She sees Rachels mother walk up to her.
"Natalie. How are you."
"I'm okay. I'm so sorry about Rachel. She was such a great friend."
"She was a bright little girl huh."
"She really was... Have you seen Audrey?"
"She just went upstairs. Dropping off one of her things from Rachel."
"Thank you."
She hugs Rachels mom and rushes up the stairs. She sees Audrey standing there with Emma.
"Hey guys."
"Hey."
Natalie looked at Emma.
"Did you tell her."
Natalie asked her.
"I knew it. Rachel would never kill herself...but who would she of killed her."
"I don't know...I have to go. I just wanted you to hear it from me."
Emma twerls a strain of her hair and starts to walk out.
"Seriously...Emma you did your hair twerl thing."
Emma stops and Natalie stand next to Audrey.
"Meet me at the coffee house at 4, I'll tell you then."
Emma leaves and Audrey looks at Natalie.
"What was that about?"
Natalie shrugs and Audrey takes a belt off the ceiling fan. She points at it and Audrey roles her eyes.
"I was wondering if Rachel could do it. I knew she couldn't."
"I'm sorry, I should of came here before Emma. You'd of rather heard if from me."
"Yeah but it dosent matter. Why did it take you so long to get here anyway?"
Natalie grabs her phone and holds it in her hand.
"I had to... make sure my mom was okay, she had something happen last night at work so."
Audrey nods and leaves the room leaving Natalie in Rachels room alone.
Once again Natalies phone goes off, ringing loud. She answers it.
"Hello."
"Hello Natalie. Still pushing your friends away...lying to them."
The other person had a dark voice, not human. A voice changer, Natalie used something similar for her grade 5 presentation on a James Bond book.
"Who is this!"
"I'm your worst nightmare. You will have to think about who you want alive and dead. Decide before someone gets CUT off your friend list."
The person hangs up and Natalie stands there shaking. She sits down on Rachels bed and just stares at the wall.