Chapter 30: Back to school ghost

Natalie stepped into her school a day after she found out about her twin and the death of her ex, Tom Killian.

"Nat!"
She walked to her locker as her brother Noah and Audrey ran up to her.
"Your here?"
"Yeah?"
"Just...thought you wouldn't be."
"I'm fine."
She smiled, it was obviously a fake one.
She grabbed her things from her locker and started walking down the hall. They followed.
"She not fine."
"Agreed."
She walked outside and saw the fence all the memorial services are held.
There was Nina, Tyler, Riley and Tom.
Even if Tom didn't come to this school, many people knew him. She walked towards the memorial and she heard people crying and gasping around. She looked and saw people looking at her. She breathed and started to walk but bumped into someone.
"Hey Natalie."
It was the principal.
"Hello."
"How are you?"
"Not great."
"I'm sorry about Tom...all wishes go to you and his family."
"Thank you."
"Oh, Natalie."
"Yes?"
"The west coast school would like you to say a speech in the gym this afternoon. They'll be coming here and everyone will say goodbye to Tom. Will you be okay with that."
"Um...Yeah. I'll think of something to say."
"Thanks Natalie."
He patted her back and left. She looked down the hallway and saw Emma, she was staring at Wills locker. Natalie went inside and tapped her back. She shock her head alittle and looked at her.
"Hey."
"Hey Nat."
"Whats wrong?"
"I'm just...I need to find Will."
"We'll find him. The police will."
"Cause they did a great job last time."
"Emma."
"I'm so tired of standing here. I'll see you later."
She walked off and Natalie just went to her class.

...

"Tolerance, deception, hysteria. These are all central themes of the crucible.
Hysteria causes..."
"Look at Mr. Not Branson."
"I know look at him."
Noah and Audrey whispered in the back. All about thete little hate on Mr.B. Natalie tapped her pencil on her desk trying to listen to Mr.B, ignoring everything else around her.
All of a sudden Mr. B bangs the table with his book.
"Noah! Audrey!"
Everyone looked at them.
"Would either of you care to discuss the parallels of the crucible and Mcarthyiam."
"Well...I'm not a fan of Mcarthys blacklist, but sometimes the guy next door is worshiping the devil. Like Richard Rimirez."
Mr Branson looked at Noah.
"Noah is right of course. There are exceptions to the rules. However, the themes of trust and tolerance still resonate."
The rest of the class went on and the bell finally rang.
Natalie left the room and went to the bathroom. She placed her books down and ran her hands under the tap. She brushed her face with her wet hands and looked at the mirror.
Behind her was Tom...his face was cut in half and blood gushed out.
"Why me Nat. Why!"
Natalie yelped and turned around. Nobody was there. Just the wall and the door. A ghost she throught.
Natalie started tearing up so she grabbed her stuff and ran out.
"Natalie Foster...Report to the msun office at once."
So she went.

...

"Are you ready?"
Mr. Branson was by her side.
"There are so many people..."
"It's okay. You can do this."
She smiled at him.
"Thanks Mr.B."
He smirked.
"Now I'd like to present Natalie Foster, the former girlfriend of Tom."
Natalie breathed and stepped on stage.
"Hey everyone...I'd like to say thank you for coming today. To say goodbye to Tom. He was great, annoying and..."
She started to mutter and become extremely hot.
"Um I..."
Natalie looked at the crowd and saw Jake. He started to push through it as her vision blurred and she leaned agaisnt the panel. Jake jumped on stage and grabbed her.
"That's all she can say...thank you."
The audience clapped slowly and Jake grabbed her shoulder and moved her into the showers.
"Jake...I-I."
"I know. You can't breath. Trust me okay."
He turned the showers on and pushed her under. She winced at the coldness of the water. She grabbed her chest and Jake started to panic.
"This isn't helping is it. Oh god."
Jake pulled her out of the shower and moved her hair out of her face.
"Follow my breathing."
He started to to breath slowly and Natalie followed.
She shook her head, telling him this isn't working.
He started to freak and shake his hands side to side.
"Oh!"
He looked at Natalie and put her under the shower with him. He grabbed her cheeks and kissed her on the lips.
Natalies eyes widened and she didn't do anything. Her heart started to feel alive again and she could breath. Jake pulled himself off her. She was leaning against the wall with one of Jakes hand on her waist and another under her chin. Water sprayed onto them and they just stared at eachother. Jake froze.
"You um...can breath now?"
She nodded.
They kissed, there first kiss was under a shower and it only happened because of a stupid panic attack.
"Screw it."
Jake leaned in and kissed her again. Natalie put her arms around his neck and she kissed him back.
There lips pushed together in rythum. They stood under the shower for minutes and they didn't say a word.