Personifying Descriptions

I'm an avid reader of classics. Most of them have such a magical tingle about them. Why? Because they have wildly compelling descriptions. And how do they pull this off? I only came to realize how recently.

Because the descriptions come to life. It's not the flowery language, not the writing style; it's the personification. Fears and joys come to life in us if you look closely enough. If the main character hates daisies, they may be characterized as venomous and snakelike in the character's eyes (That's a terrible example, don't use that). Basically, characterize the object or location and set an emotion to something that it isn't. We only have so many emotions, and variations of things manifest our horrors and blessings. Here's an example:

The house loomed, it's vibrant ranges of malicious colors. The ever-watching shudders peeped at her as she slowed to a worried walk in full anticipation of the moment the house would slither onto her and gobble her up whole. The building wrapped it's rotting wood in scales of shredded paint. It whispered to her. In a slow, sly voice, calling her to its gate. She ran across the road. Never would she go by Mainstorm Lane again.

Not only have I characterized this as a dreaded creature, but with an eerie mood. Think about both a singular characterization and certain mood when you write descriptions. 

Hey everybody! I've been having so much trouble writing The Right To Write lately. Probably because chemistry is merciless and I've been focused on finishing up some other writing projects. I'll be updating less often, but still be receiving requests. Sorry to all of you who have waited approximately forever for me to carry out your requests... I'll get to it soon!