Weird feelings

~Carly's POV~

'Why is Xander acting so weird around me lately?' I ask myself 'did I do something?'

it's been four days since josh and I started dating and it's been awesome! except for one thing. Xander. every time we 'talked' he was always so shy and always said he had to leave to go do something. whenever we talked he would always stutter and be all awkward and whenever I asked him if something was wrong he would say, "ahhh, well...no, no I'm fine..." it was so weird.

Josh and I are great though! since I don't do school and josh is taking a short break from acting we have gotten to hang out everyday and when we are not together we are texting. I know it sounds cheesy, but we really really like each other so it's hard not to talk all the time. I actually haven't smoked anything since the day josh found me high. there is just something about having josh that fills the spot in my life that I left for drugs. I have to admit there have been moments where I have the urge to drink or I shake and feel sick cause of the withdrawals, but I don't, because I'm really trying to change the sake of josh and I's relationship to be strong and honest, which is way out my comfort zone. I'm not really one to do things the honest way.

Rene on the other hand won't get off my back. metaphorically. She first saw me two nights ago, I came home from seeing josh the day after him and I were at the holly wood sign. and she beat me until I was close to unconsciousness. I don't remember much from that night, but I do remember Xander finding me trying to stand in the hall, but failing miserably. I remember him carrying me bridle style up to my room, but I don't remember the rest.

Rene hasn't been as brutal to me since then just a few slaps here and there but nothing too major. She still hasn't found the phone as only Xander knows I have it.

'Hey, babe! meet me at the apartment at 11. See you soon, love <3' says the text from josh I just revived. typical josh, never tells me what we are doing and why it's always a surprise.

'Okay see you then I love you<3' I text back

I quickly get ready and put on a tan sweater, a pink infinity scarf,

Skinny jeans and brown combat boots. Yah, josh took me shopping a few days ago, even though i told him I was okay, he didn't let me walk out of any store empty handed. he is really sweet

I grab my phone and check the time; 10:46. I still have some time so I decide to see if Xander could get me something to eat from the kitchen, so I don't have to face the devil.

I walk a few doors down to Xander's room and open the door and see Xander sitting on the bed just looking at nothing.

"Hey!" I say as I open the door

"Oh ahh hey," he says

"Can you do me a favor?" I ask sitting down next to him

"I guess" he says

"Do you mind going down to the kitchen and grabbing me something to eat? I'm afraid if I go Rene will bite my head off" I say laughing a little

"Yah sure" he says getting up

"Wait, Xander!" I say as he stops and turns to me

"What?"

"What's wrong, why won't you say more than two words to me?"

"Umm no reason." he says turning to go out the door

"Xander!."

"What?"

"Please talk to me. what's wrong? did I do something?"

"No, Carly, just stay here I'll get you something to eat." he says and with that he is off to the kitchen leaving me in the hallway, confused and alone

He comes back and gives me a muffin and speedily walks into his room.

It's 11 so I sneak out the door and head to the apartment to find josh sitting on the bench in front of the building.

"Hey!" he says standing up and coming to me

"Hi" I say upset about Xander

Josh wraps my small body in his strong arms. he pulls back

"Hey what's wrong?" he asks

"Nothing." I say "so what are we doing?"

"Well, I was thinking, if you want to, there is this party one of my costars from the last movies I played in, 'the vampires assistant', was throwing and I was thinking we could go to that. only if you want to though" he says

"Sure, I would love to!" I say "when is it?"

"Not until 5, so I was thinking I could take you shopping, not that I don't love what your wearing, but you need a dress for the party, and we could just hangout at the mall?"

"Haha okay" I say smiling at him "but josh I don't have enough money for a new dress"

"I know. that's why I'm buying you one" he says grinning

"Josh, you don't have to keep buying me stuff."

"I know I don't have to, but I like to" he says opening his car door for me

"Thanks" I say pecking his cheek lightly and getting in the car

We drive to the nearest mall in LA and go straight to dress shops. I haven't even ever been in a dress shop before, but I love it every dress here is amazing I don't know which on to try on first.

" Josh, what kind of dress should I get?" I ask him as I look through the racks of dresses

"Something sexy." he says hitting my butt playfully.

"Joshua!!" I say turning around "were in public." I say trying to be serious but still laughing

"Haha I know I just couldn't resist"

"Haha but seriously. what kind of dress?"

"Anything that is comfortable. Nothing too fancy though cocktail dress probably"

"Okay." I say

The first dress I found were a short purple one strap sort party dress with silver beading on the torso. The second was a lavender no strap knee high dress with a pueblo staten bow on the torso. the last was a aqua blue short party dress with sliver sequence and beading on the torso with a shorter flowy bottom.

I try the first one on and show it to josh and look in the mirror. josh and I both agreed that no strap would be better. so I tried on the second one. josh said he liked it, but I just didn't really love it. so I tried on the last one and josh and I both absolutely loved it! it was prefect and showed off my figure perfectly and the color went beautifully with my blonde hair.

Josh paid for my dress and we got josh a nice jacket and we left the mall at 2pm and went to Josh's house to eat and get ready for my first party!!!