The best day of my life

Carly's POV

I woke up and didn't feel josh next to me. I felt around to find the bed empty. I lazily get up out of Josh's warm bed and realized I sleep in my cloths. I walk over to Josh's closet and put on one of his gray t-shirts and shorts, because my clothes were in my room and I was feeling way to lazy to go get them. I then put my hair into a messy bun on top of my head. I turn only phone an look at the time, 10:38AM. wow! I really sleep in! this is very late for me I'm usually up by 7AM.

I open the bedroom door only to be immediately smacked in the face with the smell of bacon. this was definitely out of the ordinary. every time I have stayed with the Hutchersons they never are making breakfast. since it's a house of 3/4 boys it's kind of everyone for themselves breakfast wise.

I slowly make my way down the wooden stairs and cut through the living room and make my way to the kitchen. I open the doors to the kitchen to find josh, Conner, Michele, and Chris all in the kitchen with a huge mess attempting to make what I think is pancakes.

Michele notices me and so does everyone else and they all say in semi-unison "Happy Birthday, Carly!"

I smile brightly and they all come and give me a huge "ahh thank you guys!" I say "but my birthday was yesterday?" I say as I hug josh last

"We know" josh begins "but we didn't get to celebrate. so I plained a whole day just for us!" josh says happily

"Ahh thank you babe" I say giving him a quick kiss on his lips "now, what happened in this kitchen?!" I ask laughing slightly

"Haha ahh we tried to make you breakfast, but it isn't working out." Conner says

"Haha here let me help" I say going over to Conner who is trying to flip pancakes. I take the spatula and flip it and show him how and he continues flipping them with much more ease. I go around and help them and clean up the mess of pancake batter around the kitchen. I know how to cook fairly well because my homeschool teacher when I was younger owned a dinner and he showed me how to cook a few things.

Once the food is all made we sit down at the table and enjoy our breakfast of fruit salad pancakes and bacon.

"Good thing you know how to cook Carly" Chris jokes "I think you save the meal"

We all laugh a little "yah sorry you had to make your birthday breakfast Carly" josh says looking at me

"It's okay it was a really nice thought" I say smiling at him and he smiles back "and besides I like to cook so I'm okay with it"

We finish eating after talking and exchanging jokes for a while

"Okay" josh says standing up and putting his hand out to me "come on"

"Where are we going?" I ask him taking his hand and standing up

"You'll see" he says grinning happily at me "go get ready we have a lot to do!" he says happily

"Okay?" I say questioningly

"Don't worry you'll love it!" he says as I walk out of the room and up to my room to get dressed.

I walk into my room and into the bathroom to shower. I quickly wash my hair and my body and hop out. I wrap a towel around me and walk out into my room and open my closet doors. I walk into the half empty closet and pull out my favorite dress. it's a simple white, short, spaghetti strap dress, with light green and light blue flowers on the white. (See dress on my Instagram @hanvreewatpics)

I put on some plain white flats. and quickly dry my hair and leave it down with my natural waves. I put my phone in the dress pockets, which is one of the reasons I love the dress because of the pockets!