16

Gia POV

I walked to Steven's room as soon as I woke up. I was taking a big risk going to talk to him about the baby when he made it clear he doesn't want to be a part of the baby's life. I took one deep breath and knocked. Come on you fuck faceI knocked again. Still no answer. I knocked harder until the door flew open. "What do you want?" Stacy said in a 'I don't want you here' tone. "Um.. I was looking to talk to Steven but I'll come back later. Sorry." I turned to leave but her hand held mine. She closed the door behind her and stepped into a corner, "do you think this baby is going to make him love you?"
"No, I was asking about.."
"Save it. He made it clear he's not supporting it, please leave us alone."
"But..I was only asking about child support."
"Listen to me whore, you were just a one hit wonder, there's no support you're getting from him." "You have no right to talk to her like that." I heard a voice say. Kerr walked up and stepped in front of me. "Listen she may have made a big mistake but you're making a bigger one by defending that fuck boy. If he cheated with his sister's best friend why can't he do it again? Look at that bitch you're in a worse position at least he didn't tell Gia he loved her to get in her pants." She pulled me away.
"You have no proof!"
"Ask him who he uses five condoms on in one week. I'm sure he only sees you on weekends." Kerr shut the door with a snicker.  "Thanks babe." I said. "Stacy is a bitch, but not a smart one." She said handing me an envelop. "What's this for?" I asked looking at a big wad of cash. "Its to help you out."
"Thank you but I can't, here."
"No take it. Its no sweat."
I folded it in my arm and smiled. It really felt good to have a friend that cares for you like a sister. She combed her hair into a pony tail. "I'm going to the mall, you coming?"
"I'm trying to take it easy this week. I'm ready to pop."
"Please, the more you exercise the less pain you feel, when
.you know..pushing "
"But kerr, I can't walk."
"You walked all the way to Stevens room, plus we'll be driving."
"No."
"Yes, here put on that and come."
"I haven't showered."
"There's a shower go."
I got up and reluctantly walked to the shower, by time I stripped I wanted to pee. While I was showering I peed. When I got dressed I had to pee. Its a pee wonder land. Yip-pee.
***
Jeff's POV

I walked in the mall trying to find a clothes store. My mother has sent my sister to stay with me and how surprising she came with winter clothes and the temperature was 87° Celsius. What do twelve year old girls wear? I scanned the shop frons trying to get and idea. Nope. My eyes caught the attention of someone who might be a spark of hope. I waked over to her but her friend came and barked at me. "Kerr I need some help."
"I don't run an mad House."
"Please, my sister is here and needs warm weather clothes. She is twelve and a girl."
"Wow! Your sister is a girl? You don't say." They both laughed at me. I felt my face turn red with embarrassment. "Okay I'll help you." She held Gia up who was still dying with laughter. We walked into a kids store. "Sit Gia," kerr said taking my hand. We picked out some cute tops and a few shorts. She even picked out some dresses that looks like Kayle would wear them. We went back to Gia after cashing, who had to pee. She took one step and froze. Kerr turned and burst out in laughter.
"You wet yourself." I laughed but Gia was not laughing "I think my water broke." She said "I felt a pop. A big pop." She said. I was panicking now, so my first instinct was to lift her and run to my car. Kerr followed suit. "Go I'll drive behind." She said jumping in her  car. I nodded and drove off. "You're gonna be fine Gia." I said. I hope I'm right
****
Kerr's POV
I rushed into the hospital after sitting in traffic for thirty minutes. I went to the front desk and asked for Gia. I had to be there. "You cant go in its an emergency delivery." The clerk said. I slammed the desk and groaned loudly, I got some ugly stares from the staff and persons waiting in the reception area. It must be because I removed my blouse and kept on my bra and threw a jacket over it when the heat got to me. It was noticeably hot today which was unusual. I sat in the lobby and tried not to concentrate on the fact the the ac was on and I'm still sweating.
"Ms. Brown?" I heard a voice say over me. A well aged doctor sat beside me and took my hand. "You're the um...partner of Gianna?"
"She's my sister."
"Oh I apologize, the young man told me you two were married. Well...I hate this part of the job. You see in some cases, there is a door and two people want go walk out together but the universe will not allow both so they gives us a choice take one lose the other." He sighed and I saw a tear roll down his cheek. "Gianna is going to die."  He said softly without looking up. "How?'
"Her blood sugar is dropping and she's losing a lot of blood."
"What?"
"Didn't you know she's anemic? She's anemic how can you not know that?"
"She didn't tell us."
"What!" It was like he was screaming at me. He rubbed His head and sighed. "I treated her for it and told her to take medicine and come back if she feels oddly weak, she didn't come back. I called she said she feels fine."
_"so its gonna kill her and the baby?"
"Just her. Just her. I don't understand why did she do this." He was crying more than I was now. I held his hand but I couldn't find the strength to say anything. "You should go talk to her while you can." He said when another doctor came and escorted him on his shoulders. I walked up to the room the clerk told me. There she was lying like  a broken doll, so pale and so frail. "Gia, why?"
"I'm sorry." She mumbled.
"I'm sorry for everything I did to you. I love you."
"I forgive you, I love you."
"Why?"
"Cause you didn't leave me."
"Gia is this really it?"
"I want you to take my baby, please. If you ever need legal help check my heart."
"I will, I will. Gia I love you. Sleep in peace."
"I love you." She murmured before seizing and her head titled a little. She was gone right in front of me. I fell on her chest and cried so hard I knew I would lose my voice. I felt someone lift me up. It was Jason. He held me up and hugged me. I saw a doctor come in and the porters  rolled her out. I fell again I can't stop my own heart from leaving. I couldn't move I couldn't go on. My head pounded. "Kerr. You have to carry out your promise."
"I can't move I'm numb."
He smiled and took me in his arms and I wrapped my kegs around him. We walked out and sat, the doctor mentioned something about plans. I cried hard in chest. I was so  torn I wanted to die.  The same doctor came out his eyes were red and puffy. "I'm sorry she had to go that way. Well, since you're the next of kin, what would you name the baby boy?"
"Micah, a small prophet."
"We will set you up and a care plan and with substitute solutions for breast milk. I'll go consult with a pediatrician to get the list now, give me five minutes."
He left.
"Its going to  get better, you have to be strong for the baby."
"I know jay but its like we just amended old problems and now she's gone."
_"just be strong. I'm here."
"Thanks, will you help me?"
"Micah is our son. Of course."
"Thank you."
I closed my eyes and thought of Gia smiling at me. Sleep in peace Gia.
‡««»»‡

A/N for the entire Haitian nation that has lost a lot of lives from the devastating hurricane, my sincere sympathy to those who lost love ones, friends and to those who are suffering, may God be with you.
The same for Bahamas, so much turmoil in our little region. I'm in Jamaica so I really consider how we missed it by a goose neck. God be with you