chapter 3

Looking at herself in the mirror, Rachel really didn't know what she had gotten herself into. She really didn't think it was a good idea from the start. So, when she tugged her incredibly short and tight black dress, she knew she'd made a huge mistake agreeing to Santana's little plan. Seeing herself in the mirror, she really didn't even recognize herself.

After getting home from work late that afternoon, Rachel could've easily canceled with the mood that she was in from earlier that day. First things first, she spilled coffee all over her scrubs, which made her have to change her scrubs, which made her late for rounds, which also pissed her boss off, leading to mind blowing yelling, not to mention the stench of his morning breath. The guy really needed a tooth brush.

To make things way better than they were already going, a pair of arrogant and rude parents seemed to think that their child's stomach pains would simply go away with the click of a button. Once Rachel told them that they had to take an x-ray before any work could be done, they started yelling their heads off at her too. She was just a walking target today, wasn't she? Once the pediatrician came in, she calmed down the parents of the patient, silently apologized to her, and released her to go make her daily grand rounds. Seeing as though she wasn't really needed anywhere else at the moment, Rachel went into an empty on call room and sat silently as the many tears rolled down her face. She was used to parents being worried about their kids, but the words that they threw at her really hurt. She wasn't used to people like the two of them.

"Can we get an actual medically trained professional in here? Not some teenager with a pair of scrubs looking at our son's charts?" The man yelled."

"Sir, I know how worried you are right now, but we have to get the x-rays in to know what's actually going on." Rachel replied, a little bit of fear sitting in her throat.

"Pshh, x-rays. Do you even know what an x-ray is little girl?" the mother replied, rolling her eyes.

"I'm sorry that your son is in pain right now, but you don't need to be so cruel." Rachel replied, holding back her tears.

"Then do something!" the man yelled, causing Rachel to slightly jump.

"I can check the chart again. But there's probably nothing we don't already know." Walking over to the bed, Rachel picked up the chart and scanned it again. "No allergies.. Does your son have small toys around the house? Like figurines, or something that he can swallow?" she asked, while the pediatrician came back in the room with the x-rays.

"Thank God the real professional is with us now." the mother exclaimed. "Someone get this little girl out of the room and let the grown ups do the talking." she said, looking at Rachel.

To top the rest of the day off, she was thrown up on. Which made her change her clothes again for the second time that day. She just really had a terrible day, and just wanted to go home and sleep it off. So, when Santana texted her the time and club to meet at, Rachel really wasn't up for it. Then, she remember that, as crazy as it sounded, she needed to give it a go. If this was her only chance at getting Finn, then so be it. So, she picked up her phone and called Santana, confirming that she was in.

Once the clock hit 5:15, Rachel was walking through Brittany and Santana's front door with her scrubs on and her hair in a messy bun. Santana specifically instructed her to come straight to her apartment. She made sure to also let Rachel know that she was taking over her hair and wardrobe.

Closing the door behind her, she tossed her bag on the table, and flung herself on the couch, placing her arm of her eyes while taking deep breaths. After about a few minutes of staying in the same position, Rachel heard footsteps coming from the back of the apartment.