chapter 6

These days, time had definitely been going by too fast for Rachel. She felt that just yesterday she was having to wear tank tops out on her days off from the massive heat the swept New York this summer. Now, as she stood in her apartment, early Tuesday morning, she cuddled up to a large blanket and watched the leaves in central park fall to the ground.

She was given the entire week off from the hospital and she couldn't be any happier for that. She would have to remember to thank one of her good friends and coworker, Jessica, who happily agreed to take over for her. She would have to return early Monday morning and would probably have to do a little over time but it was definitely worth it.

This week was Thanksgiving, and she was happy because her parents, after almost 5 years of begging, had finally decided to hop on a plane and make their way over to New York. This would be the first time she would see them in almost 8 years and saying that she was excited was an understatement.

Another thing that Rachel was excited about was that her birthday fell on Thanksgiving and she was really happy that she could spend it with all of her friends and family. Even Kurt, whom she had not seen in the same amount of time as her own parents, was flying here with his now, husband, Blaine and their 5 year old daughter, Alexandria, whom they adopted just last year, as Finn informed her.

She was glad to know that Kurt would be coming since she had really missed him and his craziness. She just didn't know he would act towards her. She had to miss his wedding last year because the person who was supposed to cover for her at the hospital came down with a terrible stomach flu. Never mind that, this week would be fun, she would see everyone and it would be the best Thanksgiving and Birthday ever.

Being interrupted from her thoughts, Rachel found Santana, Brittany, and Quinn standing in her living room with cheerful looks on their faces. Gosh, it was 6:30 in the morning. Good thing she was up. Knowing Santana she would have gotten an abrupt awakening. Walking towards them, she took her blanket off and threw it on the couch.

"Guys, it's 6:30 in the morning. What are you doing here?" she asked, gripping her hips with her hands.

"We have a huge day ahead of us and you're definitely coming with us. Now get your skinny ass dressed. Dress heavy, it's freezing out there." Santana replied.

"Where are y'all going?" she asked.

"We, are going shopping. Black Friday is Friday, of course and I want to get my shopping done earlier this year. You know how it is in New York on Black Friday. You guys are gonna help me and you can even shop for yourselves, I really don't care. I just thought it would be a great day for us girls to hang and catch up with the gossip, you know?" Santana explained.

"Okay. Well, give me like a few minutes." she said.

"Whatever. We just have to be outta here by 7:15. I want to get started early so we can have time to get to as many shops as we can." Santana answered plopping down on the couch and turning on the TV.

By the time Rachel was finished getting ready, she took one last glance in the mirror. Instantly, she approved her look. She was wearing a long sleeved Royal blue shirt, dark blue jeans, a large white coat with brown fur in the hood, and brown ugg boots with fur, in which the bottom of her jeans were tucked into. Rachel decided to leave her hair down, so, she straightened it, and placed a brown beanie over the top of her head.

Her make up was the last thing that she needed to put on. She decided to keep it simple since she really wasn't going anywhere special. She applied a light coat of base and powder. After, she drew a small line on both of her water lines, top and bottom, with a dark black eye pencil. Once she put on three coats of mascara, Rachel was finished.