Chapter 46

"Game over." The voice said over the speakers and the lights came on. Macy and I stopped running and she turned to me.

"Which way is out?" I asked her and she laughed.

"You're actually hopeless." She replied and I rolled my eyes. "Come on." She motioned with her hand to follow her so I did. Somehow she managed to find the exit and we made our way outside towards the scoreboard. Of the two teams our team lost, which isn't surprising considering I was on it and the fact that Leo and Ryder were on the other team. Leo had beaten us all again by about a thousand points.

"Who's Captain?" I asked because whoever it was had come first in our team.

"Me." Hunter said and I nodded.

"You held me back, Jade. I came second last because of you." Macy said jokingly and I shrugged.

"I didn't ask you to stay with me." I admitted and she laughed.

"I know, I'm kidding." She said and I nodded.

"I know." I said with a smile.

"Alright, well if you all want to gather around I can explain the third game." The guy that worked here spoke up. "So the last game today is called infection. It's basically hide and seek. All the lights in the arena will be off, as will your vests. The only light within the arena will be the person who is infected and the dim light coming from the screen on your gun. This person will be lit up green. When you're infected what you have to do is find other people and infect them, then they can try and infect others. After two minutes the infected people will go back to normal and someone else will light up green. It's all randomly selected." He finished and we nodded.

"So when we're not infected we just hide and try not to be spotted?" Libby asked and the guy nodded. "Cool." She said a smile growing on her face. This one should be fun, and I don't have to shoot anyone.

"Just be careful inside because all the lights will be off, so make sure you don't hit any walls." The guy said and we all nodded. "Alright let's find out who is infected first. On the count of three, everyone press their trigger." He continued. He counted down and I pressed the trigger. After a second or two Macy lit up green.

"Sorry, but I'm not sticking with you this game." I said and everyone laughed.

"All good," she said before we all got up and headed into the arena. I turned left this time, I've been both ways heading into the arena so far and I know for a fact that there's more hiding spots when you turn left. The countdown begun from ten and I can't see a green light behind me so I assume Macy went right which leads you up a ramp.

"Game begin." The voice said and I began walking with one hand out so I wouldn't hit any walls; my only light source coming from the top of the gun. I have to find a hiding spot. The ceiling above me shook, someone's running up there. I turned a corner and found a section where there were little compartments. I bent down and crawled into one. Who fits into these spots? I'm not a big person and I sure don't. I crawled back out and got up to look for another hiding spot. I turned a corner and all of a sudden was pulled by the waist into the middle of two very close walls. I squeaked in fear and I felt a hand cover my mouth. That's when I realized I knew this grip all too well and I lifted my gun up to shine the dim light into the face of my snatcher. Ryder.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Providing you with a hiding spot." He whispered back.

"Thanks, but I don't need your help." I said stubbornly before turning around to leave.