Chapter 49

The car pulled to a stop once again. We've been stuck in traffic for at least forty-five minutes already. Any signs of alcohol that'd been in my system were long worn off, from being seated for so long. Conversation had died down in the car when we'd hit traffic. Everyone was becoming frustrated at the lack of movement, especially Macy.

"At this rate, we'll never make it." She announced and I looked over at her. Her arms were crossed and her eyes rolled in annoyance.

"Yeah we will." I replied trying to stay positive. "There's still half an hour until they go on and we're almost there. Right, Hunter?" I asked looking over at him. His eyes flicked to mine through the rear view mirror and I could tell he was unconvinced by my statement.

"Yeah." He said weakly before his eyes moved back to the road ahead. I sighed lightly before turning my head to Ryder's direction. He was looking out the side window, deep in thought. I wonder what he's thinking about. What goes on in that pretty little head of his?

"You know it's rude to stare." He said before turning to look at me, a smirk on his lips.

"I wasn't staring." I said as my cheeks turned red and I rolled my eyes to try and hide my embarrassment.

"Sure sure." He said with a light laugh before turning to look back out the window. His hand had moved off my thigh about half an hour ago and I wasn't complaining or anything, but if it were still there I wouldn't be complaining either, if you know what I mean. It's just that the familiarity of his touch on my body made my stomach flip a little while it was there; I kind of wish he didn't have that affect on me, but he does.

After another fifteen minutes of the slowest crawling traffic I've ever experienced, we finally made it to the car park of the Pump Theatre. This leaves us with fifteen minutes until Wet Sneakers come on stage, which is definitely not a lot of time considering we have to get through security and get out tickets checked. Hunter found a space on the highest level and pulled in. Once the car was stopped we began to all get out. Once Ryder was out of the way, I followed him out before moving the seat so Libby and Connor could climb out from the back.

"Come on," Macy said, clearly in a hurry. I understand why she's so on edge though, fifteen minutes isn't a lot of time. Once they were out from the back, I moved the seat back into its position before closing the door. As the door closed, the lights flashed signalling it was locked. Hunter must have pressed the button on the keys. I turned around and jumped when I saw Ryder standing right in front of me. He laughed at my reaction and I hit him in the chest.

"You scared me." I said and he nodded.

"I saw that. Come on, the others have already taken off." He was right. Macy was leading the others towards the entrance at record speed. I laughed when I saw her because she looks like a woman on a mission. Ryder grabbed my hand before he began to tow me towards the direction of the entrance also. I was practically jogging behind him as we tried to catch up to the others. Once we caught up my jog turned back into a walk as I breathed a little heavier than normal.

"You're so unfit." Ryder said and I nodded.

"True." I said still trying to catch my breath and he laughed. Once we reached the gate Macy produced our tickets and gave them to us. We walked up to the security guard and handed him our tickets. He scanned them into the machine in front of him before handing the back.

"Go in from door three, it's just over there. And I'd hurry if I were you, you have about ten minutes." He said and we nodded and thanked him as we passed. Macy led us to the door and pushed it open. She held it while we all piled through. The Pump Theatre is a pretty basic venue. There are no seats, just a stage and a dance floor. It is however pretty big, you could fit around five hundred people in here comfortably. The key word being comfortably because it wouldn't surprise me if they've over packed this venue a couple of times. We aren't the last ones here luckily, there are other people coming in from various doors around the room, and it looks to be getting close to capacity.