Chapter 11

Why do people feel the need to scream to their friends as they walk down the hallways? You're literally right next to each other, and quite frankly I don't want to hear your conversation. I don't care about the top your mum bought you over the weekend or the boy you 'got freaky' with last night. How much of a conversation could you possibly have whilst walking between classes?

"Jade," my head turned towards my name, as my best friend joined me in my path through the hallways.

"Hey Lib," I replied with a small smile, my expression lifting from what I bet was probably the most unimpressed look I had ever worn.

"Why are you walking with an angry look on you face?"

"Because some people feel the need to talk extremely loud whilst walking, so that everyone can hear what they're talking about." My voice increased in volume as my sentence went on, so that the two girls in front of me who had been talking really loud could hear. They turned around and I narrowed my eyes at them. "Yes, you." They quickly scurried off as they realised that I was talking about them, considering they were significantly younger than me I get why they got scared. Libby laughed and although I was still annoyed with the girls, I get what she found funny.

"Anyway, this is my stop. Bye." Libby said before waving a quick goodbye and walking into her classroom. Why did I have to have a lesson on the opposite side of the school as what my last lesson was? Why does this school have to make my life so difficult? Sometimes I wish, that the students didn't move classrooms, and the teachers were forced to move around the school; but of course in the bigger picture that makes no sense.

It came out of nowhere, all of a sudden there was a foot out in front of my legs and my feet got caught up in themselves. Luckily, I caught myself before I fell flat on my face and looked up to find the culprit. I saw the problem child continue walking as if he had done nothing. You can't mistake him for anyone else, as he continued walking through the crowd.

"Hey!" I called out to him; Ryder turned around and gave me a smirk before continuing on his path to history. Great, I now have to go sit in a class with him for an hour, before I can finally go to lunch. I rounded the corner and walked into my classroom before taking the seat next to Ryder. This stupid group project means I'm forced to sit with Satan himself.

"Did you enjoy your trip?" He asked me with a smirk before I could even compose myself. Maybe if I ignore his comment he'll get over it and we can just move on with the group project. But of course that didn't work, because as I said before, this kid is Satan. "Jade." He said poking me in the arm and I rolled my eyes and looked over at him.

"What?" I asked in a monotone voice and a blank glare.

"Gosh, don't have to be so rude, short stack." He said feigning hurt; I rolled my eyes and looked away from him. "Oh and how was your short stack?" He asked, and I couldn't stop the annoyed sigh that escaped my lips.

"It's one thing shoving me in the hallway, but trying to trip me over is just plain rude." I stated, and I saw his expression change to one of humour. He dryly laughed at my expense before a coughing noise came from the doorway. We both looked up and standing there was the rat herself.

I bought my hand up to my chin to cover my mouth before whispering, "it's your rat." To be honest, I don't really care if I offended him, because he tried to trip me over before. There was no response due to his full attention on Ashley. Ashley's eyes were flicking between Ryder and I. She looked at him and gave him a look that clearly read; why are you sitting next to her.

"Group project," he said out loud, loud enough that she would hear him. She scoffed and walked away, not before giving me a cold glare though. "You know calling her a rat is not very nice." He said in a stern voice, when I looked over at him he was staring disapprovingly at me.