35; of dreams & delusions

"You really made something for me?" his eyes sparkled, he seemed to be a bit better already.

"Don't expect too much, it's my first time cooking alone."

"So you did that especially for me? I'm so touched, I'm the first one that gets to eat your food. It's like we're married."

"Your fever seems to be rising, this medicine should lower it."

"You're so kind to me..."

"And you're exhausting!"

Happily he took the medicine. Afterwards he lied back down, smiling at you.

"Thank you for taking care of me."

"You're welcome."

"..."

"......"

"I'm a bit cold."

"Then I'll get another blanket."

"Ah no that's too much but instead..." he tapped the empty space next to him.

"No. I'll go now, I'm in the living room. Call me if you need anything."

When you stood up to take the tray that was on the nightstand, Oikawa pulled you onto the bed, laying side by side, wrapping his arms and legs around you, the crook of his nose touching the nape of your neck.

"This warmth is perfect."

"If I'll catch your cold, I'm gonna hit you."

"You sound like Iwa-chan." he said with a smile in his voice.

"So you actually want to hug Iwa-chan?"

"You ruined the atmosphere, you know?"

"No, I think it's just right."

"So you want me to keep holding onto you?"

"No that's not it. But I don't want to hit a sick person."

"You shouldn't admit it so openly, or I will use it in my interests."

"It's fine if it's you."

You expected some kind of reply but nothing, so you tried to turn to him.

"Don't! ... Don't look right now."

"Ok..."

"Somehow you always seem to catch me off guard."

"S-sorry."

"No that's, fine. It's kind of funny actually."

Keeping a comfortable silence between you his grip loosened a little.

After a while you wanted to bring the tray in the kitchen so you called his name, but no reply.

Was he sleeping? His arms were hindering you from turning or moving nevertheless so you decided to just take a nap as well.

However.

Oikawa wasn't asleep. How could he sleep when you were this close.

When he scooped over to make more room between you, you rolled on your back and on his arm.

He could have easily slipped out of it but he didn't wanted to wake you up in the process.

So he decided to endure, putting the blanket over both of you and closing his eyes as well.

---

When Oikawa woke he was alone. He was still in your bed but besides him it was empty, there was nothing on the nightstand either.

But he could smell the food again. And just a little later you stood in the door with the same tray, the same pot, the same medicine, the same expression.

"Is that rice porridge with a peach on it?"

"Good guess, how did you know?"

How did he know, he asked himself. Was he able to see the future?

You placed your hand on his forehead while comparing the heat with your own.

"Seems better to me, you won't need the medicine... what is it, does it taste bad?"

"No that's not it... I just had a really nice dream... If you feed me I'd feel better in an instant!"

"You wish, huh? ...maybe I should check your temperature with a thermometer after all."

As you left the room and closed the door you leaned back onto it for a second.

'He actually hugged me like that.
I told him, it's fine if it's him.
We actually slept together in a bed.
He thinks it was a dream.
...
He must never know.'

Earlier you were the first one to wake up and kind of embarrassed. So you made it look like it never happened.

Just imagining it, you couldn't take it. He would tease you to no end, bringing it up all the time.

For now it's better this way. Probably.

At the end of the day Oikawa's mom came to get him, she saw how he had  walked over earlier that day.

And for the rest of golden week that day was the most special thing happening.

You rarely saw Oikawa, who was training all week. So when you met you chatted but that's all it was.