44; Lemon

"You came after all~" Oikawa greeted, throwing his arms around you and lifting you up.

"What's the big deal, you're choking me!"

May was over and June came, along with some kind of tournament that the boys have been talking about for weeks.

It meant a lot to them, especially to the captain and you guessed that's why he almost hugged you to death.
Bless the saving head chop from Iwaizumi.

"What's in the bag?"

You were glad Oikawa brought it up, it was kind of embarrassing to just say "hey I made something for you all, good luck-"...

Imagining his reaction was painful enough. Those things weren't good for your heart.

So you removed the bag and held up a plastic box, their eyes focusing on it.

"It's nothing much, just lemons dipped in honey, I heard it's something you make for those kind of events, I swear I'm gonna hit you..."

Oikawas eyes were teary, though his expression was still beaming, taking the box from you.

"For the team? You made this?"

You nodded, avoiding his gaze.

"Thank you so much, with this we'll win for sure... aahh, I'm so blessed to be able to eat things Joõ-chan made~"

With this he walked off to his team members, proudly presenting your gift before taking off the lid and sharing it with everyone.

---

You walked up to the stands, seeing Miura and Akuzawa waving at you. The match was about to start too.

Thinking about it this was the first time you actually saw them play. Unlike the other two girls you never stayed for practise.

That was because volleyball wasn't something you were fond of. Oikawa guessed right, saying it was because you didn't excel.

You just never got hooked to it. But watching them was actually really fun.

"That's right, it's the first time you're seeing them play, isn't it? Oh it's Oikawas turn to serve!"

He threw up the ball, jumped towards it and launched it to the other side. It looked like a strong serve, however the libero got it easily.

"Well at least it was in bounds... He increased the power through training but the control lacked at some points." Akuzawa explained.

"But still, to receive it like that... nothing less from Chidoriyamas Nishinoya Yuu." Miura seemed to know quite a lot too.

Those two might be the ideal girlfriends for volleyball players. They actually take interest in their boyfriends hobbies.

"A timeout?"
"What's Oikawa eating there?"

There was the brunette, chewing on one of the honey lemons.

"Is that the reason for the time out?"
"Well they made a point so it's still his turn to serve..."

When the game resumed Oikawas serve was even harder, though just barely in.

You stared in awe, trying hard to push the thought away that it was because of your lemons.

"Hey queen, don't fall for my boyfriend now, will ya?" Akuzawa said teasingly.

"O-of course not, I was just surprised that is all."

In the end Kitagawa Daiichi won and proceeded to their next game.

Against Shiratorizawa.

"There he is.." Miuras and Akuzawas face scrunched up.

"Who?" you asked, having the feeling that it's important.

"Ushiwaka..."

"Ushibaka?" you tilted your head in confusion.

"God grief!" Akuzawa didn't seem amused though Miura giggled.

You felt like you started watching a show midway, since they had to explain so much.

However, it didn't need much knowledge to see that it didn't look good for your school. At last they lost and Oikawa and Iwaizumi looked miserable.

You all searched for them, and when they were in sight the girls ran towards their boyfriends, wrapping their arms around them for comfort.

You looked at your feet, not knowing what to do. When you saw another pair of shoes approaching you looked up, seeing Kageyama.

"Thank you for your support." he said patting your head before going away.

And you didn't stay very much longer. You still told them how great they were and that despite their loss, they can be proud of themselves, but then you went home alone.

---

You fell on your bed tired, your hair still wet from the shower. Suddenly you got a text.

Oikawa:
》can I come in?《

You hurried to the door, letting him in. You walked towards your room and you both stood in front of each other without talking.

As you were about to ask him if he's alright he pulled you into a hug, resulting in slowly slumping to the ground.

He didn't need words, you understood that. So you stroked his back. With his head now on your chest he started crying softly.

---

You were in your bed alone, woken up by the bright sunlight.

Were you just dreaming? You wanted to check if he really sent you a text yesterday, just to see that you received a new one.

Oikawa:
》thank you.《