58; high hopes

"Tõru, the door! It's for you!" his mother called out, smiling at you. "So when can I start calling you daughter-in-law?" she wore a huge grin, it was slightly uncomfortable though.

"Ah ehm, well, not- not yet."

"But would you marry him?"

"MOOOOM! We're not even going out yet!" the male jogged over flushing a deep red just like yourself.

He shooed his mother away that did leave unwillingly.

"H-hey..." he mumbled, being obviously as anxious as yourself at which you couldn't help but giggle, which relaxed him as well.

"Shall we go then?" you smiled reaching out your hand and he took it excited before his mother exclaimed once more.

"Tõru don't forget, she's still too young to do it and if you have to at least use protection! Though I'd be happy about another grandchil-" the door slammed shut and slight embarrassment graced both your faces.

While walking you tried opening your handbag with one hand, since you didn't want to let go of his for even a second.  But the zipper was tricky and it was impossible to open like this.

Suddenly a hand reached over and held the bag in place, making you capable to finally open it and fish something out of it.

"Thank you, and here... happy birthday." you reached him a thin in paper wrapped object which he took, only to stare at it.

"Thank you. I can't open it though." he grinned asking you indirectly to help him with your free hand.

"This is cheesy." you did hold onto it anyway, so he could tear away the paper.

"Who cares........... Hm? A ticket for an amusement park?"

"Well, you were humming that Beny Land song* quite often lately so I thought maybe you'd like to go."

He suddenly let go of your hand just to wrap his arms around your form, squishing you tightly and leaving you breathless literally.

"Thank you so much!" he more or less squeaked overjoyed.

"Can't.... breathe!"

"Oh, sorry!" he quickly pushed away but pecked your cheek before taking your hand again and pulled you ahead.

"So, we're going today?" he flashed his brightest smile.

"Of course we are!"

He giggled all the way and you were glad that he seemed to like the present.

---

"Whhuuaa it's been ages since I've been here last, so what do you wanna do first? Tea cups? Roller coaster? Ferris wheel?" he beamed overly excited which made you happy too.

"Anything is fine with me, it's your birthday, you should decide. But let's save the ferris wheel for the end."

"Mmh why is that? Want to tell me anything important up there?" his grin gave it away immediately that he had an idea what it was about.

"Or maybe you just want to get me in private to do naughty things?" he clearly wanted to tease you, playing around. His speech was followed by a wink at which you replied with a simple smile.

"Who knows?" you copied his wink and added sticking out your tongue, just like he often did himself.

He froze in place while a crimson colour crept up his face.

"Come on, let's just go over there!" you nudged his side and went ahead or at least tried but he held you back.

"Just let me regain my composure for a second... you're honestly killing me..." he muttered, his free hand trying to cover his face.

"Who'd think that Oikawa Tõru could make a face like that?!"

"And whose fault do you think that is?" his hand was now back, dangling at his side. His face still had a pink tinge though. "...Stop laughing at me."

"I'm not laughing at you, I just think you're really cute like this." you blatantly stated.

His palm smashed onto his chest. "Ugh someone call the police! My heart, it's been stolen!!!"

You chuckled in response.
"We barely got here and I'm already having so much fun. You're really amazing... Oikawa." you almost called him by his first name but decided otherwise in the last second.

"You actually want to kill me, don't you? This is just some kind of masterplan that you developed together with Iwa-chan to make me die from a heart attack."

"Pfft stupid, of course not. What makes you think so?!"

"I'm unbelievably happy right now. It's simply too good to be true." he squeezed your hand while you continued walking.

However, if it seems too good to be true, usually it is.

~~~
[AN: * Beny Land is an amusement park in sendai, the song mentioned is this: BEWARE! CATCHY!

And maybe you recall this ...

I'm was dying when I found out.
I am still dying.
I'm So in love with that guy.

can't even blame him, that song is so catchy, it's stuck even in my brain for all eternity