❁Sixteen❁

When Cas got to the park the next day with his packed bag - he had gotten Madelyn to tell Charles he was leaving to go with another family for good as Charles would've never let him go if he was told the truth - Dean was already waiting.

A smile grew on Cas' face as he picked up his walked pace toward Dean and Dean began to walk toward him.

When they reached each other, they stayed silent momentarily.

"Hey." Dean said with a subtle grin.

"Hey." Cas replied.

There was another slight pause before Dean held out his arms and held Cas tight.

"God I still can't believe this is happening." Cas exhaled in disbelief.

"Me neither but... You're safe now. You're not gonna get hurt anymore. I promise. I'll keep you safe."

The two released each other and took a moment silently. Cas still couldn't get over it. How he'd been messaged by some boy online and now he was going to live with him. He didn't know if he was making a terrible desicion or if this was going to be the best thing that ever happened to him. So he could go to a place and be safe, be who he is, himself.

It was much the same for Dean. Living alone had been fine for him. He thouht maybe Sam or Charlie or Bobby, a friend of his that was more like a father figure than anything really, would dissaporove of Cas. Or he thought maybe he was quick to judge and inviting Cas to stay with im was a bad idea but then again, he saw how bad Cas' living situation was before and figured he was doing him a favour. A big favour. Whether it effected him badly or not, Dean was just glad he could help in that way.

"Sure you got all your stuff together?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, I hope so anyway." Cas sighed.

"It's alright, you can borrow anythig you need. And where I live is within walking distance from the shops anyway." Dean smiled. Cas couldn't stop thanking Dean. It's like he wanted to thank Dean for even looking or speaking to him, let alone putting a roof over his head and giving him all the things he needed.

Dean took one of Cas' bags from him to carry it for him as they made their way over to the impala. Dean had parked closer this time. Dean put all of Cas' stuff in the trunk before, once again, Dean got in the driver's seat and Cas got in the passenger's.

Dean started up the impala, and with that distinct roar of the engine as they started to drive away, they both knew their lives had just took a sharp turn.

But for the good or bad? Both knew, only time would tell.