❁Twenty-Eight❁

He held the guitar by its neck as he walked but the metal strings dug into his numb hands and the weight of the body in proportion made it difficult to hold. He tried holding it by the body in front of him or under his arm but still, either way, he was nearly crashing the guitar into every street light or passing person.

He did manage but by the time he got back, the hands hurt when he bent his finger joints and were still icy to the touch. As soon as Cas had his and Dean's house in sight, he picked up the pace, eager to put the bloody, stupid thing down when he realised that Dean could be up by down. He contemplated his options for a minute before realising – he still had a back door. He crept along the field around his house, the frost covered grass crunching under every step he took, leaving a trail of foot prints until he reached the back door. He swiftly unlocked it but with great effort as his fingertips struggled to grip the right key.

Once he had got in though, it was a relief. He quickly went to the small cupboard in the kitchen they practically never used and put the guitar at the back of it, not wanting Dean to see.

Well that's one thing done I suppose. He thought.

He proceeded to walk straight into the living before the realisation that even if Dean was asleep, he would've been awoken by the front door opening (it was a habit of his that seemed to be a frequent occurrence). So upon the thought, Castiel trudged back outside, locking the back door behind him, and went in the front door. Sure enough as he took off his shoes, he heard Dean calling from upstairs.

"Cas that you?"

"No I'm a criminal come to steal all your pie." Cas remarked, shouting up the stairs with a smile.

"Son of a bitch!" Dean laughed as he came around the corner of the landing upstairs wearing his pjs and dressing gown before dragging himself down each step, rubbing his eyes. As Dean passed him and went through the living room into the kitchen, Cas took off his coat leaving him in his usual tee and jeans. Cas heard the kettle boiling as he meandered through the rooms to be with Dean in the kitchen. He found Dean leaning on the kitchen side, waiting for the kettle to boil.

"So where you been?" Dean asked over the noise of the kettle.

"To the town." Cas shrugged and leant against the door frame opposite Dean.

"What did you buy then?"

"I got lost on the way there." Cas lied quickly.

"You've been to town before, you know the way though." Dean contradicted.

"I meant I went running..." Cas stuttered quickly.

"In jeans? In the cold?" Dean furrowed his eyebrows and looking Cas up and down. Cas rolled his eyes and laughed, ignoring Dean's questions. As he turned to go back into the living room though, Dean quickly flicked the back of Cas' head playfully. Cas turned around to see Dean giggling with his back to him. He rolled his eyes again before walking back into the kitchen and standing behind Dean, wrapping his arms around his waist and resting his chin on Dean's shoulder.

"You get to make me coffee now you dick." Cas said gently.

"Whatever." Dean smirked as the kettle quietened down after boiling.

---

A/N - appropriate chapter for what's been going on with me recently, I saw one of my favourite bands twice this week!! (Avenged Sevenfold is the bands name) But that's why I haven't updated as frequently and I have another concert this Saturday but I'll still try update :) Thankyou so much for all the votes, comments and reads to, means a lot xx