Chapter Five

Adam slowly woke up,feeling something warm next to him. He snuggled into the warmth until he fully woke up. He looked down to see what it was, thinking it was a backpack or something that was warmed by the fire, but instead he saw he was cuddling Cory. He blushed bright red and gently shook the shorter male until he woke up. Cory smiled up at Adam and leaned in, almost like he was asking for a kiss, and Adam was actually about to do it until....

   Adam actually woke up, sitting straight up off of the sandy ground. He looked over to see Cory putting out the fire. He noticed Adam and smiled slightly.
    "About time you got up."
    "Heh... y-yeah..." Adam stuttered, his cheeks heating up.
    "What's wrong dude?" Cory asked him, looking slightly concerned. "You look a little bit red."
    Adam coughed awkwardly a little and nodded. "Maybe I'm just a little bit.... sick?"
   Cory nodded. "Well, next time we come across a town, we should get you some medicine."
   "Ok." Came Adam's reply and he looked down slightly, thinking to himself. 'What the fuck was that dream about? What the hell brain?'

    After a few hours, the rest of the group woke up and they started traveling again, mostly staying silent. Nick decided that the silence was eerie and awkward so he spoke up.
    "So Cory, where the hell are you leading us, if you don't mind me asking?" Nick sounded kind of fed up with wandering around. Cory was leading them after all.
   Cory just shrugged. "I don't know, actually. Wherever the land takes us I guess."
   Nick sighed and hopped on his deathclaw's back again, because he was getting tired of walking.

    Adam snapped out of the world after that, just blindly following Cory. He kept thinking about two things; one was the dream and the other was that fire feeling that would pop up sometimes. What did they mean? Were they tied together somehow? Was he right in his thoughts the night before? Was he truly falling for Cory?
   So many questions spun around his head, he didn't even notice said male trying to get his attention until he felt a slight burning pain slash across his face when Cory slapped him to get him out of the trance.

    Adam snapped out of it and gently rubbed his cheek. "Ow. Ok that hurt. What was that for?"
   Cory sighed. "Sorry, but I was trying to ask you something and you weren't responding."
     "Well, what was it then?"
    "Since I seem to have no guidelines according to Nick, where do you think we should head to next?"
    Adam thought for a moment and shrugged as he stopped walking. "Dunno. Why are you asking me?"
   Cory shrugged back and kept walking, Adam following him at his heels.
    "I agree with you, let's just go where the wasteland takes us, even if it's to our deaths." Adam looked at Cory, causing him to chuckle.
     "Well I'd like to see it try. If we've survived this long, what could kill us now?"
    Adam smiled. He liked those odds.