Chapter Fifteen

When Adam awoke, he seemed to be laying down on something soft and comforting. He sat up with as much energy that he had and hissed as pain filled the back of his head and the base of his neck. He looked over to see Cory fast asleep in a chair at his bedside. He seemed to have... tear marks?.... on his face. Adam gently shook him until he woke up. When he finally did, Cory basically glomped Adam, hugging him in a death grip. This just made the ghoul chuckle and hug back.

    "I thought you were dead! Or at least you were going to die!"
    "Sorry to scare ya... what happened?" Adam questioned, generally confused.
   Cory blinked in confusion, trying to find the words to explain it.
   "You.... almost got shot. They hit you at the base of the neck but it didn't get embedded or anything, just skidded past. I don't know why you passed out but after the small battle, we rushed you to a nearby city. That's where we are right now."

   Adam nodded slightly as he understood and hugged Cory again after he saw the male was about to cry at the end of his sentence.
    "Hey, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I'm not dead, nor hurt that badly. Are you and the others ok?"
    "Yeah..." Cory sniffled slightly. "They're just fine, you're the only one who got even close to being shot."
    Adam nodded again and smiled slightly. He was happy the others didn't get hurt, let alone the one he loved. He pulled back from the hug moments later and kissed the top of Cory's head.
   Cory smiled slightly and helped Adam stand up, telling him not to mess with the back of his neck, it was wrapped up in some sort of bandages.

    "Maybe we should stay here for a little while? You know, until you heal up fully."
   Adam sighed but nodded. "Alright, fine. Even though I'm not that badly hurt, I'll stay here if it makes you feel better."
   Cory gave him a sweet smile and let's just say, at that, Adam almost lost it.