Chapter Seven

Adam yawned slightly as he followed the group, for once being the last one. He didn't really get much sleep the night before thanks to his feelings keeping him awake. So he just watched over the camp until the last few minutes of the night when he woke Cory up, saying he should take the watch. Of course, he agreed and Adam went out like a light for about ten minutes.

He slouched slightly while walking and rubbed his eyes, yawning once again. 'Damn it... I should have at least tried to sleep last night...' he told himself in his head, he looked up at the sky, hoping the bright light blue color would wake him up a little bit. It did, but not that much.

He must of haven't been paying attention all that much, because the next thing he knew, he bumped into Nick and almost fell backwards.
"What the? Adam, are you ok?" Nick asked, slightly worried that his friend kept snapping out of the world ore often now.
"Yeah I'm fine! It's trying to wake up that's all... sorry." Adam apologized and Nick slightly nodded, still kind of afraid that they may have to deal with Adam going feral soon.

"Anyways, why did we stop?" Adam asked his teammates. Cory looked at him slightly annoyed and pointed in front of them. Adam looked and clearly saw the large gates of a Metropolis, one similar to the one they had went to before and met Nick at.
He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I-I saw that...." he trailed off and followed the group into that large area.

Many shops lined the sides and even the middle of the 'town' and the group started to look around. Nick was nice enough to give all of them some bottle caps (for once) so they could buy supplies and ammo, if needed. Adam checked his belt to see he only had a half of a full clip of bullets and sighed, walking over to a small shop selling ammo.
He bought a few clips and put them in the rings of his belt, clipping his gun to it as well. He walked back to Nick and gave him the remaining bottle caps and stood next to him, waiting for the others to finish shopping.

After a while, Adam started to realize the people were staying quite away from him and Nick. Just as he thought of that, Cory walked up besides him with Uni and Dawn at his side. He smiled at Adam sweetly, causing the ghoul to hold his breath slightly to keep down his blush.
"What's with everyone and trying to stay away from you two?" Cory asked slightly confused. Adam breathed out quickly and chuckled.
"Well, it's not every day you see someone with a deathclaw for a pet and a ghoul with a gun strapped to his belt."
Cory nodded and laughed slightly, making the blush color reappear on Adam's cheeks.
"Let's uh... get out of here before anything else happens..." Adam suggested and the group nodded, starting to look for an exit.

(AN: Sorry if this chapter and next few are short and suckish. They're really just filler chapters until chapter ten, because that's when shit really goes down. So yeah, be hyped for that!)