Chapter Six

(A/N: sorry for the beginning of the last chapter, my mind said to do it and I did. :3 Don't worry, I'll make real romance happen soon enough XD also, this chapter may be just a filler chapter.)

Adam sighed and looked up, happy that the sun was finally going down. The group decided to, once again, camp in the wastelands since they had nowhere to go.

Cory lit the fire and Adam passed out the rations. He sighed and looked into the supply backpack and realized it was almost empty. Cory looked over at him, confused.
"What is it?"
"We're almost out of food and water... we'll need to go scavenge for some tomorrow or something." He replied, setting the backpack down and laying back, going into his thoughts again.

     Adam was so snapped out of it, he didn't realize he had kinda flipped over so that he was face planted into the ground.
    Cory chuckled slightly and decided to snap Adam back out of whatever trance he was in.
    "Hey, are you gonna keep making out with the floor or what?"

    At that, Adam snapped out of it and spat out some dirt that somehow ended up in his mouth. He got up and looked over a Cory.
     "Shut up, I just snapped out of it." He blushed slightly, embarrassed. Cory just nodded and gave him a smug grin. Adam growled and grabbed his gun and one of the backpacks.
    "Welp, I'm going to look for some supplies." He started to walk off but Cory stopped him.

    "You mean in the middle of the night?" Adam just realized it was night and nodded, still confident.
    "Y-yeah! A ghoul like me shouldn't be scared of the dark!" He started walking away from the camp and Cory got up.
   "Hey, let me come with you. You know, as back up." Cory blushed a little and hoped the darkness hid it. Adam didn't notice and smiled a little.
    "Sure, why not?"

    The two started walking away from the camp. They weren't worried about it being raided or anything because before they left, Cory woke Uni up and put him on guard.
    After a few minutes of wandering around, they came across a small shack. Cory looked at Adam and they both shrugged, walking into the shack. Adam pulled his gun out, ready to shoot anything that came out of the darkness and defend Cory with his life. He stayed near the door as Cory looked around the place.
    A few minutes passed and they left. They had found an 'ok' stash. Some water bottles, a few cans of food, and even some ammo clips for the guns they currently had.

     As they walked back, Cory stopped for a few moments and looked up at the stars and moon, sighing slightly. Adam look at him confused.
    "What is it?" He asked, curious why Cory sounded so sad suddenly.
     "Even though this 'post-apocalyptic' world is pretty awesome... I still miss the normal world.... the starry skies and being without the worry of starving to death...." (A/N: author-chan hopes that sounds right .-.)

   Adam nodded. Even though he had never seen the old world, it sounded way better than this hell hole that he lived in. Cory used to tell him stories of his life before the bomb hit and he enjoyed every minute of the stories.
    They started walking again, but for some reason Cory stayed closer to Adam, basically right by his side.
    Adam gripped his gun, again, ready to lay down his life for Cory if something attacked them. He looked over at the smaller male who kept looking up at the night sky. The moonlight reflected off of the camera he had radiated onto the top part his face and made it shine almost, like a gem. Adam's eyes sparkled slightly as he smiled, easing the grip on his gun a little bit.

    At that moment, the feeling came back up, and stronger too, but Adam welcomed it. He knew what it was now, even if he had never felt it before in his life.

           He really did love Cory.

          But did he love him back?