Chapter 20-End

((WE MADE IT EVERYONE))

(Time skip to a few days)

   Adam sat on top of the roof of the group's little base they had taken over and stared off into the distance. He could clearly see the horizon of the world and watched the sun slowly sink its way out of sight as the sky turned more dark. After a few minutes of just sitting there, the sky had turned completely black with white stars spelled everywhere, and the moon was low in the sky. He saw a light come from down below, meaning his friends had set a campfire up, and now it was alight. The ghoul looked back at the vast sky, remembering the moment when he had confessed to Cory. A small smile etched across his face and he chuckled softly.

   He looked over as he heard someone climbing up the latter he had made to reach the roof. If was too dark to see anything from where they were standing, but the figure walked to his side and sat next to him, crossing their legs. Now he could clearly see who it was thanks to the dim light below the two; it was Cory. The ghoul's smile grew slightly.
   "Are you feeling any better?"
   "Yeah. I went to the medic's place in the city and he said the broken ribs should heal up pretty quickly. But he advised that we stay here until I'm fully healed." Cory explained, staring at the night sky, just as Adam was doing.
    "Alright. Sounds good, I don't really mind staying here for a little bit. You know, just take a load off of this huge journey we've been going through." Cory looked over to Adam and nodded, understanding what he meant.

Adam wrapped his arm around Cory's shoulders and pulled him close, making Cory blushed softly and cuddled up next to the ghoul.
"Ya know... it's nice out tonight." Adam stared out of the blue after a bit of silence and Cory nodded.
"Yeah... it is. Reminds me of the old world."
"To be honest with you, I kind of wished I knew you during that time. Maybe we wouldn't have had such a rocky start."
"True... but whatever. At least I'm here with you." Cory purred and Adam laughed slightly.
"You're absolutely right."

A few more moments of silence passed before another word was spoken. Or, rather, three.
"I love you." Cory said and smiled slightly, causing Adam to blush softly.
"Love ya too."
"Hey, Adam?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you... promise me something?"
"I don't usually make promises, but for you, sure. What is it?"
"Promise that you'll never leave me?"
Adam went silent for a moment before nodding.
"Yeah, I promise."
Cory smiled and nodded before slowly getting up.
"Come on, let's go back inside."
"Sounds like a plan." Adam got up as well and the two headed towards the latter. Once they were down, Adam entry grabbed Cory's hand as the two walked into the small house.

I promise you that we won't ever be separated again... because you're the other half that makes me whole.

The End