Chapter Eight

Cory walked down one of the long paths of the metroplois and Adam decided to follow him. The two started talking a little bit, just about what they had gotten and how long they thought it was going to last them.
    Adam looked ahead as he listened to Cory, hoping the smaller male didn't notice the dark red color that was starting to dust his face. The two had to stay really close to each other, to the point they were squished next to each other, due to so many people rushing around them. Adam sighed and gripped his gun on his belt slightly, making sure that it wouldn't fall off.

    Eventually, the two made it past the sea of people and kept walking, taking a right turn and looking to see if there was another exit anywhere other than where they had entered the Metropolis. It seemed as if there was no place. Cory sighed and slowed down his walking speed.
    "I guess we have to go back to the others.... Right Ada-" Cory was cut off when he realized that Adam was standing completely still. His eyes looked distant and clouded. Cory looked at his friend concerned and gently tapped his shoulder.
   "Adam? You ok buddy?" He asked and all of a sudden, Adam grabbed Cory by the front of his shirt and pulled him into a small alleyway near them.

    Cory gulped nervously and whimpered slightly as Adam pushed him against the brick wall of the alley, trapping him.
   "A- Adam? W-what's gotten into you?" Cory stuttered slightly as his face turned bright red. Adam didn't reply, just smirked and leaned in.
   It came to the point where Adam was about to kiss Cory when he blinked and shoved himself away from the other male, gasping for breath.

    "S-s-s-sorry!!" Adam stuttered, his face dark red. "I-I-I don't know what came over me!!" He tried to catch his breath, almost like he really had lost control for that few seconds.

    Cory tried to keep a serious face and he nodded as he exited that alleyway. "Come on, let's go find the others..." he said to Adam, trying to hide the obivious blush color on his face.
   Adam nodded and slowly got up, following Cory. 'Great...' he thought in his mind. 'I think I just fucked everything up.'