Chapter Twelve

(AN: Get your tissues ready because this chapter is going to contain a small amount of feels :3 you're welcome for the warning my dear readers.)

    "Well then if you're thinking about doing that plan, why not just pull the damn trigger?!"

   Adam growled loudly at Cory's words, too angry to even snap out of his trance. He had his pistol held up to Cory's head, cocked and ready to shoot.

   Now you're probably wondering what the fuck happened between these two to end up like this. (Yes, Im breaking the fourth wall :3) One minute, they're cuddling up next to each other and the next, Adam is about to shoot Cory. Let's take a step back, shall we?

    It all started when the group started exploring again, after the last chapter. The group was pretty tired even though they had a full night's rest and Nick kept falling asleep on the back of his deathclaw. The group was pretty slow, Cory chuckled at how he thought that if this was still the normal, older world, it might as well been the weekend.
    Anyways, the group kept walking until they reached a largely armored gate. They thought they would just go around it until they heard Adam gulp nervously from the back of the group.
   "What is it?" Cory asked his lover, who looked at him pretty shocked.
   "Well uh... we're uh... out of supplies." He stated and the group looked at him.

    "Oh god damn it!" Nick cursed loudly and Cory couldn't help but giggle. He never heard Nick cuss except for when he was extremely mad. Him and Adam, on the other hand, cussed a lot. Uni was just neutral, the same with Dawn.
   "Calm down Nick, maybe we could find some supplies in there?" Adam asked and pointed to the gate. Cory smacked the back of his head.
   "Are you crazy?! We'll all die! The guards don't look too friendly..." Cory stated, looking at the two guards in front. Adam only sighed slightly.
   "Fine... let's just rest nearby or something. We'll go looting tomorrow." The group agreed with Adam and walked over to an abandoned house near the gate.

   Later that night, after most of the group had gone to sleep, Adam and Cory stayed up and discussed what the hell to do about their problem.

   "Well, maybe we could just keep wandering?"
   "No, Cory, we'll die long before we find anything else! I have a plan to get into that place." Adam started to explain a huge plan about how to sneak around the guards, kill any other guards that come their way, and loot the entire place. Halfway through the plan, Cory started to get a feeling he hated when he was around Adam sometimes. A feeling he didn't want to feel ever again.

   He started to get mad at Adam. He didn't want to start a fight like all those times before, but he could see that Adam was leading them into death. And get this, this feeling started when Adam clearly stated if he had to, he would take a bullet for Cory if it came down to it. He got mad because Adam was going to sacrifice his life for him.

    Cory growled slightly, trying to keep it under control. "Hate to break it to ya, but that sounds like a suicide mission. What if that place is taken over by the Enclave? Then what are you going to do, huh?"
    "Well, like I said, I'll lay down my life for ya guys if they start shooting. I can take a few bullets before I go down. Just use me as a human shield or somethin'." Adam replied nonchalantly and Cory seemed to get even more mad at the fact Adam was just throwing his life away like that.

    He stood up, since he was sitting next to Adam and tightened his fists. "I'm not gonna just let you send us into death. No one is going to die! Not on my watch! Not Uni, not Nick, not Dawn, and especially not you!" Cory didn't mean his words to come out so harshly. He remembered Adam had a short temper but it was too late to take back what he had said.

   Adam stood up with him and faced him, his hat darkneing his eyes. "Oh really? Do you want us to starve Cory? Because taking a bullet to the brain is more quicker than starving."

   "If we keep going, we'll find something."
    "No we won't, just live with that fact, damn it." Adam snarled and Cory took a step back, realizing he had triggered Adam. He didn't want to back down though, so he fought back.

    "Well, I'm just looking out for us! You're just crazy!!" He screamed, happy they were sitting a good distance away from his friends so they didn't wake them.

    Cory looked away but heard the click of a gun suddenly. He looked back, terror in his eyes(?) at Adam, who had his gun raised to his head.

   "I'm doing the plan for the good of us!  And if you don't agree, I think you're gonna get in everyone's way."

   "Well then if you're thinking about doing that plan, why not just pull the damn trigger?!" Cory exclaimed, fighting back tears in his eyes. Adam wasn't a ghoul to be messed with, maybe he really was going to shoot him in a fit of rage.

   Cory let a few tears spill out and Adam looked dead into his eyes. Suddenly, he dropped the gun and kicked it away, sighing and sitting against the wall with his head in his knees. He mumbled something Cory couldn't understand.

   The smaller male slowly sat next to him, listening to what he was saying. Surprisingly, he heard crying. 'He never cries...' he thought to himself and gently hugged Adam.

    The ghoul was taken aback and slid away from Cory, tears still present in his eyes. "I'm... sorry. I didn't mean to snap like that I...." he trailed off, lost in his own words and Cory smiled slightly, going back to hugging Adam, more tightly this time.
   "It's ok... I understand. I pissed you off... sorry."
   "You shouldn't be the one who is apologizing... I should...." Adam hugged Cory back, trying to act tough but he really couldn't. Soon, he started crying into Cory's shoulder and he comforted him.

    "Again, I forgive you, ok? Just... don't snap again... I really thought you were gonna shoot me." He could hear Adam mumble an 'I'm sorry' again and Cory just nodded. "I was just sticking up for the team..."

  Adam pulled back and sniffles slightly. "Yeah... I can be a hotheaded idiot sometimes. That was a stupid idea of mine... sorry."
   "Stop saying sorry you idiot." Cory replied and gently kissed Adam on the lips. Adam quickly kissed back and after a few seconds, they both pulled back from the kiss, smiling at each other.

   "Love ya." Adam wrapped his arm around Cory's shoulders, pulling him closer.

   "Love ya too, you idiot." Cory smiled and Adam smiled back.