37/ you're not alone

(This is the last chapter)

     Finally, we are completely finished with episode four of season twelve. It took a few days, but we finally got it done.

     I am super glad, too, because everyone— mostly Jared— has been watching me like a hawk every second of the day. I tried to ignore it, but I could not help but feel their gazes burning in to me.

     Mason and Teresa both have been calling and texting like crazy since I tried to off myself. They were both terrified and upset about it, but I assured them many many times that I am okay, or I will be soon. I also explained Jason and I's relationship to Mason, at which point she giggled and congratulated me.

     I was very happy to discover that Teresa is showing great improvement, and she is getting so much better. She got these weird kind of pills that are supposed to help stop the attacks or make them way easier to deal with—which she suggested to me.

     I ended up making an appointment with that therapist for tomorrow, but I am thinking of backing out. I really do not want to go there alone. I would ask Jason, but he has to work, and he can't get out of it because Haley and Emily are busy preparing for their wedding, which is next week.

     I could ask Jared because I am almost one hundred percent sure that he would say yes, but I'm not sure if he will be busy with the show or not.

     Jason and I have been spending lots of time together, which has improved my mood greatly. We are officially a couple as of last night, when we discussed our relationship while eating ice cream.

     Now, I am sitting on my bed while waiting for Jason to text me back, though I think he's probably busy so I give up shortly after waiting. A knock on my door brings me out of my train of thought, and then whoever is on the other side of the door opens it.

     "Hi," Jared says, to which I smile and raise my eyebrows. "Have you ate yet?" I shake my head and purse my lips together. "You want to come eat dinner with me?" His expression shows that he probably does not think that I will say yes, so that's exactly what I do.

     "Yeah, sure," I reply, grabbing my phone and getting up. He already knows that I do not like fancy restaurants, so I am probably already dressed decent enough. "Where we going?" I wonder aloud as I follow him down the steps.

     "Wherever you want," Jared replies, and Arby's instantly comes to mind. I tell him and he agrees.

     Gen and the kids are no where in sight, so I assume that they went out somewhere earlier.

     The drive to Arby's is very short and silent, but it's not an uncomfortable silence. The radio plays quietly in the background, until Jared kills the engine and we go inside.

     I'm not sure what Jared orders, but I get my usual, French fries and three chicken tender thingies. They are delicious and they fill me up good, so I always get them.

     "How are you doing?" Jared asks once we are seated and waiting for our food. "I mean, if it's okay to ask." I shrug.

     "I'm okay," I reply. Jared gives me a pointed look and I roll my eyes. "Okay, I'm not, but I'm doing better then before." I try to avoid his gaze as I wait for him to say something.

     "Charlie, is there anything you need? Anything I can do for you?" Here's my chance. Some girl comes over with our food and sets it down in front of us, smiling before walking back to the kitchen.

     "Um, yeah, actually," I start nervously. If I'm being honest, I have not really ever asked anyone for help before, so to say I am nervous is a major understatement.