Chapter 11: Forbidden.exe

~Mark's P.O.V.~

I actually did it! I actually asked her out and she said yes! But of course, who wouldn't say yes to ME?! Note to self: keep cocky attitude out of tonight's plans.

A real date. I haven't been on one in ages! Scheise where do we go? What do we do?! This is a pretty small town with not a ton to do. I saw a lake somewhere. Maybe dinner then a walk around there? Or a nature trail? Fuck she doesn't like nature trails though. Or the lake. I wish there was an arcade here somewhere. Or bowling. Or something fun! I should take her to the next city over. Houston's an hour away but we can do it. If we can go to San Antonio and back in day we can do this in a couple hours. Maybe be back late, but it will be worth it if we have fun. Yeah, let's do that.

I texted Lex to see if she wanted me to come over earlier, but she never replied. It was best to do that though. I had dropped her off at her dorm around 3 o'clock, so I figured 6 would be okay. We had planned for seven, but by the time we got to Houston it'd be too late. I'll surprise her!

It's about 5 o'clock right now, I should head on over. I already took a shower and got dressed in a nice shirt and pants; I should just put on some cologne and brush my teeth. Is my hair okay the way it is? Or should I slick it back? We aren't going to a very fancy place. Am I over thinking my look? Should I just go now? Okay, brush my teeth and cologne then I'm gone! Scheise almost forgot my wallet! Okay, got my keys. I'm good!

I finally get in my car and make the short drive to the campus. I remember where her dorm is at least! I can usually memorize where things are pretty fast, but not here apparently! My powers are weakened by this college.

"Are you visiting sir? You can't go into..." The same lady from my first visit was at the front desk again and she happily waved me through. I nod a thank you to her and head my way up to Lexi's room on the top floor.

But the further I climbed the stairs, the louder some weird yelling noises became. It sounded like someone who was angry and fighting.

"SLICE HIM UP! HE'S DOWN YOU ASSHOLE!" It came from Lexi's room. I quickened my pace to an almost running speed and swung the door open, causing a girl with her hair in a ponytail sitting on her bed to scream and jump, spilling some kind of food all over the bed. She was in nothing but an over-sized t-shirt with an anime character posing on it and a pair of black boxers with stars on them. She had no makeup on, unless you count smudges of chocolate on the corners of her mouth. I knew it was my friend's room, and after a couple seconds I realized it was her. The TV in the corner of her side of the room was blasting with an anime show with big buff guys with giant swords slicing, jumping, and trying to kill each other.

"Alexis," I said slowly. "What are you doing?" She looked like she was on the verge of tears, her mouth gaping open trying to find words.

"I was just watching a DVD. I didn't think you were coming for another hour. I was about to jump in the shower after this episode!"

"I didn't know you liked anime so much." Why hadn't I noticed it before? There were anime posters everywhere. A large scroll sporting many guys in blue suits on a pink floral background, printed out pictures of someone with shaggy black hair and a hand tattoo, someone with long white hair and dog ears, there was a lot! Everywhere that didn't have music posters was covered with anime and Japanese decor. She really had a heart for it didn't she?

"Well, it's just, eh, fascinating to me and I uh, I've liked it for a long time and..."

"You don't need to explain it to me. I don't mind." She slowly raised her head and looked at me with wide eyes. "It's fine! I don't hate anime; I just don't watch it constantly like some people." I softly bonked foreheads with Lex and she giggled a bit.