Chapter 3: Nothing Escapes Markiplier

(Play the music now!)

"So how are you liking Austin?" I asked, a little more comfortable sitting next to my hero. It felt like a dream I hoped I wouldn't wake up from!

"Its a beautiful city I must say. Is it always this cold? I imagined Texas to be warm year round." I made the strangest face from all day right then as I nervously laughed and shook my head.

"It's usually blazing hot. Its crazy bipolar weather though during the fall and winter." Mark looked at me with a weird smile and laughed. That was when I remembered I was still making a face. I scratched my head with my index finger and looked down, incredibly embarrassed about how stupid I was acting.

"Hey I never caught your name."

"Ale-uh Lex-uhh..."

"Well what a unique name; Aleuhlexuh." Mark giggled again playfully and as I looked up, he was still looking at me. "Alexis. It really suits you." I flushed red again and fumbled with my cheaply made skull necklace, trying to not make a bigger fool out of myself I already had.

"You can call me Lexi if you want. Everybody else does." I didn't mind him calling me Alexis though. Usually I would hate it, but it sounded sweet coming from his mouth.

"Okay. Lexi." Oh please say it again! "What exactly is your costume?" I looked back at him, kinda shocked he didn't know who I was dressed up as. I stood up and put my hands on my hips in a bitchy, snooty way, but of course I didn't mean it.

"Who am I? God Mark you are clueless!" I was smiling to let him know I didn't mean any of what I was saying. "I'm Gaz. My stupid brother Dib didn't come today because he's at home watching reruns of that stupid paranormal show he loves so much." I pretended to play my old DS Lite I had brought as a prop while I glanced at Mark, who was smiling like a goofball.

"I thought you looked familiar. I used to love Invader Zim."

"What do you mean used to!" I shrieked softly as I sat back down.

We talked for a while longer, not just about the cancelled cartoon, but about what else had happened today and other shows we both liked. For that while, I forgot who he really was and was more focused on who he WAS. A human being who was just a normal guy like everyone else. Of course he's drop dead gorgeous, but I set that aside in my head while I got to know a little more about the person I admired so much.

"Lex," Jasmine said as she came over to interrupt our current conversation about candy. "We gotta meet up with Savvy!"

"Oh crap! That's right!" I quickly gathered my things and got up, but looked at Mark wondering what to do. I didn't just want to leave him, but then again he could be wanting to do something else rather than talking to a fan for hours. "Hey Mark?" He looked up at me with wide eyes that made my inner anime fangirl melt till she was a puddle of mush. "Uh, well, i was, uh, wondering..."

"Yeeees?" he smirked. I blushed again and looked down so he wouldn't see.

"Uh, a-are you doing....anything right now? Or, well, what I mean is, uh, w-would you uh..." Crap! I was doing it again!

"Only if your friends don't mind one more in the group." I looked at Jasmine and, making sure he didn't see my face, mouthed a simple"please" and begged with my eyes while she rolled hers and nodded. A big grin on my face, I pulled Mark up off the floor (his arm not his hands sadly) and let him gather his bag before we all went looking for Savvy, James, and Christina.

When we found them, they were all confused at the extra member I had dragged along. Christina went bug-eyes for a moment when she realized who Mark was, but she's a quiet girl so she didn't show much reaction until he was in front of us and fangirled with me silently as we made our way to the upper level. We found the room where the movie would be playing and got in the long-ish line, only having to wait about 10 minutes before being let in.