Chapter 19: NOOOOOO!!

"Hey babe! You got home okay?" Mark had told me to call once I got home so he could at least know I was safe. I ended up calling him the next morning.

"Yeah, I'm home safe and sound! I'm sorry I didn't call immediately. I was too busy shoving food down my throat and then slept all night. Did I worry you?"

"Oh no! I stayed up all night playing Nether and looking at my phone every five seconds for no reason. I wasn't worried." Liar! "I'm glad you called though. How was your flight?"

"It was fine. I tried sleeping as much as I could so the time would fly by." He laughed at my pun that I didn't even mean to make. "But I wasn't tired so I read a whole book and watched two movies."

"The flight was that long?!"

"Well we had to stop because some idiot forgot to fill up the tank all the way." More giggles. "I miss you."

"I miss you, Dino. So what are you gonna do today?"

"Well My friend Lizzy is still in town, and she's one of the only friends I can count on, so I was gonna grab her and go into Austin to do something."

"Something? Come on babe, I want details! Are you going clubbing or strippin' or streakin' or-"

"Mark Fischbach what kind of lady do you take me for!"

"Not a lady." This time I was the one to laugh.

"I'll give you that one. Hold on just a sec." I quietly opened my door and made sure that no one was listening in to my conversation outside my room. Max was still asleep and Alex camped out in his room last night. Alex was out of bed, most likely on the computer downstairs, and as far as I could tell my parents were both asleep. I closed my door again and whispered into the receiver of my android. "I'm thinking about getting a tattoo."

"Really? Like a real one?"

"No, Mark, the fake rub on kind. Of course the real deal! Just a small one."

"Where and what?"

"How about your dick on my pinky finger?"

"That's just cruel." I laughed maniacally and fell backwards onto the pillows and blankets surrounding me.

"Okay okay. In all truth I was going to have some sort of small design wrapped around my ankle or maybe something on my shoulder blade."

"That sounds much better. You should get a red M on your shoulder blade."

"Okay, mister full-of-myself! I'm not going knee deep into this as you wish I would! No tattoos of any boyfriends ever. Even when I'm 80. I might get this one tattoo I saw on pinterest. It's a kiss mark with a skull and cross bones on it. It's really cute!"

"Says the punky goth chick."

"Hey, don't label me as whatever you please! Only I can label myself and I label myself as a weirdo."

"Okay weirdo. Hey..."

"Yeah?"

"I love you!"

"Heh, ditto."

"No you gotta say it!"

"I. Love. You. Better?"

"Much. Go break hearts, dino!" We hung up.

As I had said, I grabbed Lizzy and went into Austin with her. We stopped by Epoch first, needing a little caffeine flowing through our veins before we attacked the day like Spartans. While we sat outside at our usual table, I told her everything about what had happened between the last time we were here and this time, complete with the kitchen knife scene and trying to make Mark's mom like me.