Chapter 20: Camera Down!!

"There's my girl, come over here!" I ran up to Mark and jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waist and clinging on for dear life as he spun me around in front of everybody. A couple people looked at us like "what the hell" but I didn't care. I had been gone a week from my new life and I missed it terribly.  My now-official boyfriend, my new friends, the apartment I was sharing with Mark, the city itself, I had grown to love everything about Cincinnati and I didn't want to leave. So yeah, I'm going to spin around in public because I'm happy to be home!

"God, you look great! I haven't seen you since last year!" I exclaimed to him after he set me back on my feet.

"Last year?"

"Yeah. I last saw you in 2015 and now it's 2016!" He laughed and hugged me normally, squeezing me so tight I couldn't breathe! But I liked that. "Can we go home now?"

"Sure thing."

We drove to what we could officially call "our" home and upon entering the small apartment I'd already spent the past several months in, it felt more like a home than a temporary stay like it had before.

"Are you hungry?"

"Starved! Can you whip up something yummy?"

"Like what?"

"Uhhhhh I dunno. Something you know I'll like?"

"Because you're picky," he joked (but not really joking because I am REALLY picky) as he walked into the kitchen and picked up one of the kitchen knives. I was leaning on the bar, closely watching him as I had been during my previous stay and watched him chop up some food, no longer having that glaze in his eyes whenever he had held it before that almost seemed like he could still do it; like he could still plunge it into his chest and rip out his heart with his own hands like he was about to do the day i found him, He was no longer afraid of even going into the kitchen like he had been the first few weeks. He could hold any utensil and have no problem. It was still weird to think that I basically saved his life with the help of Wade and Molly. Mark, who came into my life at the most perfect time for me who had just had knives of her own stabbed in her back and left to die. He who had saved me from myself. And I was the one to save him. I kept my face rested in my hands as I watched him make something that smelled like heaven!

"What're you smiling at me for?"

"Hmm? I was smiling? Oh, just thinking I guess."

"Bout what?" He gave a crooked smile as he stirred whatever was in the pot.

"Bout you," I shrugged. "How happy I think we are."

"You think?" He added a packet of some sort into the pot and stirred it some more. "Don't you mean how happy we are?"

"Well I didn't know If you were happy to have me here or not so-"

"Alexis." He turned off the stove and walked around the bar to embrace me tightly. "Don't you ever think that I'm not happy to have you here. You know you're one of the most important people in the world to me."

"For real?" He stepped back, still holding onto my arms, and gazed into my eyes with the same love he's always given me.

"For real," he said softly before taking my lips in a much needed kiss.

~Later That Month~

It's been a while since I got home. Mark and I have made the tiny apartment work for both of us, better than it did before my trip. The only thing that was a bit difficult was the fact that news of our relationship would cause havoc throughout Mark's fanbase, and would result in a million girls hating my guts and possibly sending death threats. I knew first-hand how bad fangirls could get. I was never as bad as some of the ones I've seen, but I was definitely there to see people tear each other to shreds over imaginative possession of whoever they were obsessed with. That's why we both agreed to keep our status undercover, letting only family and close friends who wouldn't spill our secret know.