Chapter 25: Calm Time

~Mark's P.O.V.~

(Play the music now!)

The morning sun beat down on my face, warm and blinding yet relaxing. I barely opened my eyes and looked around the small bedroom. There was someone next to me, resting on my chest, and for a brief moment I freaked out. I realized I had no clothes on, and I was scared to turn my head to see who the other person was. Would It be some stripper from the bar downtown? Or would It be a cross dressing man? I was terrified by the fact I had possibly done something with someone I didn't know and worse, I potentially cheated on Alexis even though we weren't a couple. But when I finally did look over, I breathed a sigh of relief, actually remembering the previous night.

She looked more beautiful than any girl I've ever seen before. Her long wild hair shone in the sunlight streaming in through the window, her long eyelashes gently brushing my skin she was so close. One of her arms was wrapped around me and her other hand rested where my heart lay. I smiled down at her, the love of my life, and closed my eyes, wishing this moment would never end. It was the most relaxed I'd been in a long time, and somehow I felt more free than I had before. Not just because of last night, but in general. I did not move, I did not want to move. I didn't want to wake her from her finally peaceful sleep. She'd had a rough time these past few weeks eating and sleeping, but right now, looking at her like this, you wouldn't believe it. Her soft body was as relaxed as it could be, and she hadn't woken up from nightmares like she had been. I felt my face get warm when I realized she too had no clothes on.

But we were covered by the sheets so it was good enough. I kissed the top of her head as softly as possible and stared at the ceiling, wondering what was going to happen now. I wanted us to be back together. How could we not now?! We'd slept together and she said she felt "one hundred". She chose me to be her first. I kinda felt bad about it, but it was her decision not mine. Plus she never took off the locket. That had to mean something, right? God, how I love her.

She stirred a little and she breathed deeply, her eyes twitching a bit. Whatever does happen when she wakes up, I'll take it. Her eyes fluttered open and with a sleepy glaze in her dark eyes, she looked up to me and a drowsy grin crept up onto her lips.

"Morning, Dino."

"Mmm mornin'," she mumbled. She snuggled closer to me, which I didn't know was possible, and gently placed her lips on my chest.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Better than I have in a long time. What 'bout you?"

"Same." I stroked her hair, soft like silk, as she traced circles on my skin. She stopped and sat up on the bed, her hair falling in messy waves in front of her, covering her chest as best it could. I didn't dare look though, since there'd been enough of that last night, if you know what I mean! But even so, she was a goddess. The sun on her gave her a halo of gold, and her usually dark eyes now shone a chocolate brown in the light. Her smile seemed brighter, her face softer, her whole self just seemed to light up the room. Even her scars on her arms didn't seem as bad. I took her hands and got a better look at the jagged skin that had been tattered and shredded just two weeks ago. It was still a little pink, but it would fade. She still smiled though, even as I traced the bumby lines. "These will fade."

"I know."

"Were you scared?"

"In the forest?"

"When you almost died."

"A little. I only had one regret."

"And what was that?"

"That I said 'no' to you." She grasped her hands in mine and kept a cocky smile. "I'm surprised you aren't saying anything about last night."