Chapter 22: Blood On The Snow

~Lexi's P.O.V.~

Is he seriously doing this? After all I did for him?! After all I shared with him? I literally told him about my past just today and he decides "nope I'm not having this psycho anti-popular chick in my life"? Well what the literal fuck!

"YOU'RE A DOUCHEBAG MARK FISCHBACH! I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU'D PROTECT ME FROM THIS KIND OF SHIT!" I fell to the floor of the tub and pulled at my hair, wishing I could literally cry my heart out of my eye sockets. Wishing that the blood from doing so would blind me so I wouldn't have to look at anything again.

I stepped out of the shower, not bothering to turn the water off and looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't see me. I saw the girl from middle school and high school who would come home crying or wishing she could cry. High school was better than middle or elementary, but it was still lonely. I lost a lot of friends, and I would always feel down. Since I found Mark, though, he made me feel happy. He was the main source of  my happiness after the last time I let someone stab me in the back. But now he was hurting me too.

I looked at the chubby faced girl with long brown hair and uneven bangs, her almost black eyes staring back with the same sadness I felt.

"I thought you weren't going to let others hurt you anymore," she said to me.

"So did I."

"After she took away your friends and left you all alone, and then after Mark's cheating-"

"But he never did cheat! It was Lindsay and you know it!"

"You can always go back to old habits you know." She glitched, tunring into the girl I hated. Her long brown hair with the uneven, childis bangs turned into a slightly older version with shoulder length hair, her bags grown out and swept over one eye, still brown. Her face was haunting. Her eyes were sunken in and her lips were a faded black, like lipstick that had almost been wiped away, but still lingered a little. She held in her hands a dissecting pin, one where the tip was bent slightly. "You remember what to do, don't you?" she taunted.

"No, please! I stopped that a long time ago!"

She didn't listen. She started scraping up her left arm, making scratch marks everywhere she could. They quickly turned from pale lines to pink irritation. I did nothing but stare and watch. She eventually pressed harder into her skin, making it bleed a little.

"Stop! Please! I never did it that badly!" She didn't stop though. Instead she started screaming at me. A high pitched scream that could shatter glass. "STOP IT NOW!" She vaporized into thin air and I was left loking at my real self, older, wiser, purple hair. Purple, to be a new person. To not be the young girl who hated herself. To be someone who could love herself for who she was. But I didn't.

"Fuck you Mark," I muttered. I grabbed a towel from the cabinet and dried my hair as I stormed into the bedroom. Mark was siting on the bed, his head in his hands, and he looked up when he heard me. He got up and tried to say something but I stopped him, pointing out the door. "Get out. I'm getting dressed." He wanted to say something, but the pissed off look I had made him obey my orders and he closed the door behind him.

 I quickly changed out of my soaking swim suit into something more comfortable. A maroon tank top, black pants, and my black combat boots. I found my black pleather jacket on the chair and grabbed it, brushing my rat's nest hair with my fingers.

"Where are you going?" Mark asked when I came out, furiously looking for the car keys.

"I don't know. I'm just going."