Time and Loss

I don't know if this is a poem, but let me tell all of you that read my poems. You need to read this poem because this one needs the be recognized the most...

I'm going to tell you all an event that currently happened in my life. It has to do with loss you see. Loss, as in someone died who was close with my brother. She was one of his best friends and a very nice person. She died, last night on October 14, 2016. She ran a light and was hit by a semi truck. No other details are being said at the moment that I know of. My brother is off at college and his best friend died in his home city. He was playing a football game tonight. And I'm sure you ask how that effected his playing. You bet your ass he helped win that game! This was said in "Doctor Who", "Demons run when a good man goes to war" and right that is. Loss is its own type of war. I recently watched "Alice Through The Looking Glass" tonight. It had both time and loss in it, but also very true things said. It was simply by destiny and fate that I watched it, nothing more. Forever a mystery it shall stay.

I dedicate this to my brother, the person who died, her family, friends, and the movie I watched tonight. I also dedicate this to the songs on here.

Poem:
Life Is Time, Loss, And Giving

Time, it is said, to be a thief. That time takes what and who is most precious to you. What is said, it is correct, although it forgot one important thing. Time gives before it takes. Time is so precious they say, I agree, but who you spend your time with is even more precious. You only live once, so live it well. Give more then you take. Love more then you are loved. Forgive even if it is not deserved. Be free, even if you have to sacrifice more for freedom then when you are free. Be who you are because today might be your last day. Leave the past behind and learn from it, or else it will hold you captive. It's not easy, non of these things are, but to me, it's worth it. Life and giving can be beautiful and terrible. It's that everyday is not just a privilege, it's a gift.