Chapter:1

El Paso, AR

I hugged Cassi as I won barrel racing. Wyatt was deployed last year at NFR. Luckily he had completed all of his events before he had to be sent back. He did tell us he wasn't going back but the army had other plans for him.

He planned on proposing to Cass before NFR was over but he never got the chance to do it. Rob and I both knew he didn't have time to.

The three of us watched as Jase Hunter climbed up into the chutes he already started drinking at noon when he usually wakes up and right now he's at least sober enough to ride.

I watched as he got into the chute with a nasty bull. "He's going to get himself killed." I heard Rob say. The gate slammed against another chute and the bull threw Jase off over his head.

"Man he needs to get sober. One of these bulls are going to kill him." Cassi told Rob. He agreed. I walked to get my horse. Jase was leaning on the side trying to get a spot on his head to stop bleeding.

I stopped what I was doing to hold the rag to his head. He looked at me with almost cold eyes.

Jase's POV
Those soft eyes. I know them from somewhere. I let whoever it was clean the cut I got from my last ride. Her touch was soft. My head leaned into her hand that held the rag.

It felt so good. She tugged on my wrist leading me out to the stalls. She sat me on a hay bale near a stall. Her touch went away as she opened the stall next to me.

Rylin's POV
I watched as he leaned back against the stall. He sighed as he adjusted the rag. I saddled my palomino filly as he groaned. Once she was ready to be ridden I warmed her up and made sure she was ready to go.

He looked up at me as I walked by. I gave him a water and he immediately took it. I got onto Dixie's back and got into line next to Cassi. "Be careful Rylin. Jase can be dangerous when he drinks and right now he's almost to the point of passing out." Cass warned.

"I know Cass. I'm not afraid of him." I told her. She sighed. "I just don't want you to get hurt. You know how much Wyatt calls and asks about your health." She told me.

"I know and I'll be careful." I replied. I knew how drunk Jase could get and how dangerous he was. I wasn't scared at all of him.

Once it was my turn I cut each barrel perfectly and drove her home. Once I was out of the ring I dismounted and led Dixie around. Then I untacked her and put her back in her stall with water and food.

Jase was passed out sleeping with the empty water bottle still clutched in his hand. I got the bottle out of his hand and threw it away.

He shifted before going limp again. I shook him a little. He stirred but slightly. I shook him harder. He lifted his head and opened his blue eyes to look at me.

I helped him stand and took him to his camper. He fell against his truck as I got him there. "I'm good." He slurred. He pulled his keys out of his pocket and opened it up.

He went inside and closed the door. I went to the six horse trailer that me and Cass shared. I entered and got a shower before getting onto the couch.

Cassi came in and showered after me. Then she went to bed after getting a call from Wyatt. I didn't care what she did. Those two are going to get married one day.

What really grabs my attention is that Jase didn't really want anything to do with me. I honestly hope he's passed out in his own camper.

Cassi told me to be careful but there's something about him that draws me in. He didn't fight against me when I helped him out. Dear God please help me with this guy he really needs someone.

Ok so here's the first chapter of Rylin's story! Hope you enjoy it!