Chapter:32

Edgewood, IA

I sat in the alley waiting for my run. Gambler was on edge. I turned him in a circle before the girl out there came back through. Then it was my turn. Since NFR I had a way of getting Gambler to do what I needed on the runs.

As soon as I gave him his head he ran for the first barrel. I pulled him up cutting it tightly. Then onto the second and finally third. As we came around the third I gave him his head.

He sprinted back home me not having to do a thing. Last night, last run. I pulled him up to stop him. I trotted him around trying to calm him. Jase came up dressed in his gear and grabbed Gambler's bridle.

"Let's get to the other ring." He said leading the way. He opened the gate watching for a second before telling me he had to go ride. Wendy joined me cooling her horse down by walking him around. "He sure is spirited Rylin." She said.

"He's been like this since nationals rodeo." I said. "How old is he?" She asked. "Three years." I said. "Still a young one." She said. "Yeah hopefully he'll calm down by the time my oldest kid can ride." I said.

"A few days in a paddock will do him good." She said. "That's what I was thinking." I said. After Gambler was tired I cooled him off, gave him water and feed before letting him be for the night. Tomorrow we'll load up, head home and get ready for our wedding.

After winning second place to Wendy, we went to the trailer to get some sleep.

I woke up in the passenger seat of the truck. Jase was driving. The time was one in the afternoon. I sat up better seeing what I was dressed in. His shirt still along with a pair of shorts. "Sleep well?" He asked. I nodded. "Sure did take a while to calm Gambler this morning." He said.

"I know babe." I said leaning on him. "I got you something to eat at the last gas station." He said reaching into the backseat. He handed me a bag with Little Debbie donuts, a package of jerky and a water.

"Thank you babe." I said kissing his cheek. His soft smile said more words than he let on. "You know I love you don't you?" He asked. "You ask every day babe. You know I love you?" I asked. "You reply the same thing every day." He said.

After a night in a town we got back to the ranch and unloaded the horses. I turned Gambler out. He ran around like a wild horse trying to get out. "Think he may need to be clipped." Uncle Colt said leaning on the gate next to me.

"He would be a nice sire, but I need a horse calmer than him. He gets too excited before a run that he wants to bolt then and there." I said. "Want me to give Bailie a call?" He asked. "Freeze his semen and have it tested?" I asked.

"That we can also do." He said. "Might as well give her a call and see if she will." He added before going into the barn. Jase came out with my dad. "Would you like me to stay at our house and you with your dad for the night?" Jase asked. "We can do that." I said. "I'll let you get your stuff before we split ways." He said before kissing me.