Chapter:6

I jumped out of the cab and ran for the main house. Wyatt and my other boy cousins along with Tessie and Cassi were on the front porch. "There's the last one! We thought you wouldn't be here until later tonight!" Logan said as I came up.

I went around giving my cousins hugs. Bailie pulled up and got out. She's the new local vet and the trusted vet of Triple R. I gave her a hug and sat next to my fifteen year old cousin Jax.

"So basically right after you were deployed a bomb went off and you lost it?" Logan said. Wyatt nodded. "Yeah." He replied.

"Will you be getting a prosthetic?" Carter asked. "Maybe. I don't know at this point." He said. Cassi kissed his cheek. They've been through so much.

I saw a gleam on her left hand. "Is that what I think it is?" I asked. She held up her left hand. "Oh this?" She asked. I nodded. "Happened right after I got back." She said. Wyatt kissed her.

That's going to be the second wedding if they have it this year. Logan and Tessie got married a few weeks before Cassi and I left for the circuit. They were also being secretive.

Then my uncles and dad came out onto the porch. They all had a certain look on their faces. "Who did what?" I asked. The familiar question asked by me and Bailie both. "Rylin don't you have your horses to work with? I thought you were going to try and get Gambler ready for this upcoming rodeo." He said.

"Oh yeah." I said sliding off the railing and running the fifty yards to the huge barn. I got my black colt out and saddled him. He pranced as I led him out to the ring. Once there I mounted him.

He snorted and let me ride him around to warm up. After he was warmed up I ran the barrels perfectly with my aunt telling me the corrections needed. After practicing I brushed him down and put him out with Blaze. Dixie is going to be used as a breeding horse if Gambler pulls through.

 Dixie is going to be used as a breeding horse if Gambler pulls through

I got the trailer loaded up and hooked my truck to it. "Be safe cuz." Wyatt said. "I will." I said. My dad hugged me before the rest of my cousins wished me luck. I drove the fifteen and a half hours to Isanti, MN and parked.

Then unloaded Gambler and Blaze and led them around. Then checked in. I put them in their stalls and got them situated. Whistling filled the silence of horses snorting and pawing. I lifted my head seeing Jase walking down the isle way.

He stopped to look at Gambler before noticing me in Blaze's stall. "Who's is the black?" He asked. "Mine. I was training him before having to leave for rodeo. Every chance I got I was working with him." I said walking out of Blaze's stall.

"He sure is a fine horse." He said. "My uncle Colt bred his black stallion to a mare and that was a complete gamble on if the colt or filly would have been fast." I said leaning against Gambler's stall.

"Is he fast?" He asked. "He sure isn't a pleasure horse. He's got more speed and will power than a locomotive." I said as Gambler nudged me. He smile. It was genuine and one rarely seen by other people.

"Um would you like to go do something with me tonight after you ride?" He asked. "I don't know." I said. "I promise it isn't a bar or anything else involving alcoholic beverages." He said. "Ok." I said. He smiled just like before.

I finished taking care of my horses before going to my trailer. Rob was standing outside leaning on the side. "There you are! Where were you? I was going to get you but you weren't there." He said. "Traveling myself." I told him opening the door.

"Woah wait you can't. If anything happens to you it'll be..." "My fault." I cut him off shutting the door in his face. I locked the door and slid down to the floor. Why is everyone worried about how fragile I am?

I dozed off leaning against the door. When I woke someone was knocking on it. I stood up and answered it. Jase was standing there looking guilty. "Hey." I said. "Hey. Um I know that you would probably say no to this but to make a long story short. I was taking my truck to get maintenance done on it and this person came out of no where and crashed into my truck.

"It was completely totaled beyond repair. I was lucky enough to get out with just a few bruises. So um." He stopped like he was trying to find the words to say. "Do you need a place to stay until you have a new truck and camper?" I asked.

"If you don't mind. Your the only one that actually has helped me out since I started drinking." He said. "No I don't mind. Were you able to get most of your clothes?" I asked.

"Only my riding gear." He said. "How much time do we have?" I asked. "At least two hours." He said. I reached in and grabbed my keys and phone. Then closed the door behind me. "If you don't have clothes then your going to need some and a ride." I told him walking to my truck.

He tailed far behind. I got in. "Are you coming?" I asked. He nodded and got in the passenger side. "So where exactly are we going?" He asked. "Boot barn then Cavender's." I told him. He nodded and sat back.

I pulled up and got out he followed closer this time. We entered and I let him go get the clothes he needed. I browsed the women's clothes picking out some cruel girl jeans and a mix of Ariat and Wrangler shirts. I got a new belt for my buckles and a new pair of boots.

I bought the items, took them to my truck then checked on Jase. He had several pairs of jeans and shirts in his hands. "Is that all you need?" I asked. "Pretty much until my sponsors send more shirts." He said.

"You might need a few more pairs of jeans." I said. "This as much as I can get at the moment." He said. I took them out of his hands. "Get five more pairs." I told him. He did so and we walked up to the counter. I bought the jeans and shirts for him.

"You didn't have to do that." He said as we walked out to my truck. "I was taught by my family to help out anyone in need. My aunts and grandma were my female role models in my life while my dad, uncles and grandpa were my male role models." I told him as I opened the back door.

Hey guys I know it's been a while since the last update on this book and it will be updated slowly because I've got several other books I'm working on so bare with me.