Chapter:26

"Rylin." I moved my head. "Ry. Sweetheart." I finally woke up as Jase kissed me. "Come on let's get inside." He said unbuckling me and picking me up. I wrapped my arms around him letting him carry me. He set me down before kissing me.

"Do you want a bath or shower?" He asked. I rolled over. He kissed me again as he undid my jeans. He took my boots off before taking my jeans off and my shirt. He slipped something over my body and unclipped my undergarment.

He took it off and put it with my bag. I got under the covers while he undressed. He then joined me and pulled me to him.

I woke up before him. He was still out cold. I grabbed some clothes and went into the shower to get cleaned up. When I was done I got dressed and brushed my hair as I exited the bathroom. He wasn't awake yet. I went over to him and kissed his cheek.

Before I could kiss him again he jumped up hitting me in the forehead. He looked around before his eyes landing on me. I held my forehand feeling the pain.

"Shih." He muttered before getting up and checking my forehead. "I'm sorry baby girl. I didn't mean to." He said before kissing it. He then got a bag of ice holding it to my forehead.

"Did you already shower?" He asked. I nodded. "You need to get a quick shower before we go. I need to let the boys stretch their legs and eat before we leave." I said.

"I'll join you after my shower and our bags are in the truck." He said. I kissed his cheek before standing up. He got his clothes and went into the bathroom. I went out and got both horses out and walked them around the parking lot.

I got several stares and saw little kids wanting to walk up to them and pet them. Blaze wanted to go up to them and let them pet him. As I got back to the trailer I saw Jase coming out with our stuff. I fed and gave them some water before reloading them up.

He got in the passenger side still tired from driving last night. "Five more hours." He said as I got in. "From Holbrook to Vegas." I added. We got breakfast at McDonald's and ate on the road.

By noon we were nearing Vegas. "Almost three hours." He said. "When someone says five hours; the interstate is going seventy, there's no highway patrol around, and you were born and raised running the highways in Texas you learn to ignore the speed limit by go at least fifteen to twenty miles over the speed limit."  I said.

"And who taught you how to drive?" He asked. "My grandfather." I answered. "Let me know when we get to the T&M center." He said going back to sleep. If I didn't have horses being hauled I would have done a break check on his sorry butt.