Chapter:23

Rylin's POV

I groaned as I opened my eyes. "Hey." His voice. I could definitely feel pain now. "Baby girl." I turned my head towards him. His lips touched my forehead. My eyes finally adjusted to the light and zeroed in on him.

"Hey sweet girl." He kissed my forehead. "I don't feel good." I told him. "I know. Sweetheart. You took a big fall off a tall ladder." He said. "My head hurts." I said. He kissed my temple.

"I know baby girl." He said. He kissed my cheek. "I'll be here until your released." He said. I wanted to sit up. "No. Don't try to sit up." He said. "I want to." I said. "I know you do. But you need to stay down." He said gently pushing me back down.

"Please stay down. For me? I want you to heal quickly." He said. I nodded and stayed down. "Thank you sweetheart. Get some rest. Your going to need it." He said before kissing my forehead.

I nodded as I drifted back off.

Jase's POV

Once I heard her soft snores I went back over to my bed and eased myself onto it. A week after the injury I had gotten ahead of healing and injured my ribs worse then they put me in.

I was requested to be in a room with her so I could keep an eye on her. She started mumbling as I found something on the tv. She did that for a while when she was unconscious for the first two weeks.

Ignoring the tv I tuned in on what she was saying. "Jase... please... I don't want to... please stay." I got up holding my left side going to her left side. I gently scooted her over and got on the bed with her. I put my arm around her head.

Then her arm on my lower abdomen near my hips. Her mumbling quieted to where I couldn't hear it at all. I kissed her temple. She finally stopped mumbling altogether. I tuned back into the show keeping her close to my side. Her arm moved against a certain something causing me to react to it.

I could tell there was less space in my underwear now than there was five minutes ago. I sighed reaching down taking her hand. She grasped my hand sighing as she settled in. I fell asleep along side her not realizing how tired I really was.

"Huh that's an interesting find." I woke up immediately remembering the position and who was right beside me. I looked up seeing Zach leaning against the wall smirking. Caught by her dad. "She was mumbling again." I said making up an excuse.

"Not a good enough excuse boy. Tell me the real reason." Zach said. I sighed. "She was mumbling about me leaving her and wanting me to stay." I said. "And you were waiting for her to wake up so you could reassure her that you were never going to leave her?" He asked. I nodded.

"If your going to stay true to that promise than I welcome you to. But if she comes over crying I'm holding you liable for it." He said.