Chapter:24

Rylin's POV

I finally was able to sit up. And found out that Jase had broken a few ribs when he caught me and that I was out for almost four weeks. I was finally home and had to do nothing for a few weeks. Thanksgiving was next week!

I walked slowly around the house. "Rylin." "I don't want to sit down." I said. "I know you don't want to, but you'll get better faster. Take it from a guy who had to back up and learn to rest when your injured or recovering from an injury." He said from the couch.

"I still don't want to." I said. He got up groaning in the process from his hurt ribs. "Your going to lay down with me and rest. That is final if you don't I will keep you hostage in this house until you agree to rest a full week." He said walking up to me.

"No." I said. He stopped right in front of me. "You are and you will even if I have to knock you out with melatonin." He said. "Not going to happen." I said. "Your close to twenty one aren't you?" He asked. "A few more weeks." I said. "YOUR NOT GETTING ME DRUNK!" I shouted at him.

"I wasn't even planning on it. I just want you to rest up good so we can go to NFR together without any pain." He said. "Then why did you ask that question?" I asked. "Just out of curiosity." He said coming closer.

Standing in front of him I saw a look I haven't seen on anyone else except my dad. I looked down at my feet. "Ry. Please look at me." I continued to look at the floor.

His index finger slipped below my chin lifting it up. "Rylin." I turned away from him. His arms snaked around my waist. He then pulled me to him. "Wanna play twenty questions?" He asked. "I thought we already played that." I said.

"But I want to play this again." He said before kissing my cheek. "Come on. Let's go settle down in a spot and play." He said pulling me to the couch. I reluctantly let him.

He pulled me onto his lap setting me on his right side. "Where did we leave off?" He asked no one in particular. All afternoon he kept me on my butt except when I needed to use the bathroom.

"Rylin." I opened my eyes still tired. "Did you have a good nap?" He asked. I put my legs over his lap and snuggled up closer to his side before nodding. "Are you still tired?" He asked. I nodded again closing my eyes.

"It's close to five would you like something to eat or go out to eat?" He asked. "Which ever is easier." I said. He rubbed my arm as I tried to go back to sleep.

"Don't go back to sleep I need you to tell me what you want to eat." He said. "I'll cook tonight since you cooked last night." I said standing up. He sprawled out on the couch holding his left side.

"Do you want an ice pack?" I asked him. "I'll take my pain meds before eating." He said reaching his arms behind his head stretching out more. I got into the fridge getting crescent rolls out along with mozzarella and pepperoni.

Then the butter and garlic. I melted the garlic and butter as I rolled the crescents out and separating them. I then laid them out on a cookie sheet and put the pepperoni on them. I cut the mozzarella cheese sticks in half and put them over the pepperoni and rolled them up.

Then got the butter and garlic mixture and spread it on top of each roll before sticking them in the oven for a few minutes. Once they were done I stuck all sixteen on a plate with marinara sauce in a small bowl.

Then went into the living room with our food. He sat up putting me back on his right side. We sat there eating and snuggling close. "I asked your dad if he would let me. He agree letting me, so here's my question. Will you be willing to be my girlfriend for until we get decide to go to the next step?"