Chapter:10

Rylin's POV

Colt was staring Jase down. I cleared my throat. "Why does this guy look like a younger version of Max Hunter?" Colt asked. "Huh funny story about that." I started. "I have no connection with my father what so ever. My grandparents and mother are the ones that raised me and my siblings.

"He was always in jail or prison for anything. I never knew him personally unless he was drunk or it was after my bedtime." Jase said. "You'll have to prove yourself before you can do anything here." Colt told him.

"He did beat up Alex and another guy for trying things with me." I said. "So he knows Trusey." Colt said. "Big whoop."

"He's an enemy of mine he gets into women's heads and messes with them. He can ride just as good as I can and he's worthless. All he's good at is stealing girls and screwing them then throwing them away like their nothing." Jase told Colt.

"That is true." Colt said. "Same goes for his father. If your going to stick around you better work."

"I will sir. You won't have to worry about me not doing anything." Jase told him. "Good. You'll be staying in the guest house. Not with my niece." Colt said. "Yes sir." Jase replied.

We ate lunch then my uncle put Jase to work helping him move cattle. I sure hope he doesn't kill him. After going into town for some things and setting my house up more it was time for supper.

I drove to my dad's house for supper. "Now I should have been the first one to see you today instead I'm the last one." Dad said hugging me tightly. "Don't worry Buck, Ally, Nana and grandpa and the rest of the cousins haven't seen me yet." I told him.

"So what's this I hear about you bringing a guy home then him almost getting beat to death by my brother and your uncle?" He asked. "I was nice to him one time and he's been like a friend ever since." I said.

"How many friends does he have?" Dad asked as he closed the door. "Just me at the moment. Everyone else still thinks he's a drunk and will hurt anyone who try's to mess with him and now me. Because he's whooped Alex and has whooped another guy for trying to rape me drunk." I said.

"If he's whooped Alex then I'd say he's a keeper Rye bread." Dad said. I giggled at the name. We cooked supper together before there was a knock at the door. Dad set whatever he had in his hands down and answered.

"You must be Jase. I'm Zach Rylin's dad." He said letting Jase in. "Yes sir. Nice to meet you." Jase said shaking my dad's hand. "Come suppers almost done." Dad said leading the way into the kitchen. Jase was filthy. "What were you guys doing?" I asked Jase.

"A heifer pulled me off the horse I borrowed and dragged me several yards." He said scratching the back of his neck. "You'd have to get use to riding a horse again won't you." I said. He scoffed. "How about we go for a ride tomorrow to get you back into shape." I told him.

"I don't..." "Go on ahead and do that. I'll deal with my older brothers." Dad said cutting Jase off. "But first your going to shower." I said. "There's a change of your clothes in the backseat of my truck. I did get you some tee shirts, two pairs of basketball shorts and two pairs of sweatpants." I told Jase he nodded before going out to my truck.

Dad looked at me oddly. "His rig was demolished in a crash and he lost all of his clothes. I've been helping him get more." I said before Jase came back inside. "Thank you Rylin." He said before going into the guest bathroom.

Once the door was closed I turned back to my dad. "He's the kind that first impressions are everything whether your nice or completely rude that's how he determines if your worth anything." I said. "So you were nice to him and in return he's nice to you?" He asked.

"Yes. If I was rude and didn't help him at all he would have no one around to help him. He'd still be drunk and worse than when I met him." I replied. "Stay kind and keep him around. I'm sure he'll be useful and keep you safe." He said before Jase came out of the bathroom in basketball shorts and a tee.

"Thank you for letting me get a shower before eating. I would have gotten one before hand but the water was off in the guest house." Jase said. "Don't worry you may stay at Rylin's place. Colt just has a hard time believing anyone with the last name Trusey or Hunter. No matter how nice and kind they are." Dad told Jase handing him a plate.

"My father would have done the same if not worse if he met Ry." Jase said. "And that's probably why Colt is being hateful to you." Dad said we sat down at the table. We prayed for the meal before eating.

After eating Buck and Ally came by. I was sitting between Jase and my dad. "I'm guessing Colt's already chewed on him?" Buck asked. Dad and I nodded. "Don't worry she's the youngest girl in the family we're all over protective of her." Buck said as he ruffled my hair.

"I think that's the cue to leave." I said getting up. "See you in the morning Rye bread." Dad said kissing my cheek. I kissed his in return. "You too dad." I said.

Jase followed close behind as we walked out to my truck. He opened the door for me before closing it and jogging around to the other side in his boots.

Zach's POV

I watched as my brother and sister in law watched out the window. "He opened the door for her then closed it. He's getting in himself. Is he staying with her?" Buck asked turning to me.

"Colt may not like it but he's the one that didn't turn the water on in the guest house." I chuckled. "Hey he needs to see how hard that boy is trying. She obviously told him that we were ones that would accept him no matter what the situation was. She was raised right." He told me sitting across from me.

"Yeah. I hope he doesn't work that boy to death he did great today until we got to that heifer with the attitude."