Chapter:20

Before I knew it he had thrown me onto the other side of the bed. "Why were you even near the stalls?" He almost yelled. "I was taking care of my horse that could have been lame from that run." I yelled.

He ran his hands through his short hair clearly upset. "You should have tried to get one of the girls you know to go with you." He gritted. "He would have tried to hurt her too." I gritted back.

"My horse did more damage to him than I could. Blaze knows the man. He wasn't afraid of even hurting him. I was up near his head when he kicked him. I was more safe with my horse than I was with a friend of mine." I told him.

Jase's POV

Even though I was fuming I knew where she was coming from. I only hope her horse put him in intensive care for a really long time because no matter how much I've tried he always gets the best of me especially when he catches me off guard.

I sighed before getting back into the bed and pulling her to me. "I know. I lost it when you said that. I'm sorry I over reacted." I said to her before kissing her forehead. She fell fast asleep in my arms as close as I could pull her to me.

Rockin' Rays' Ranch
Rylin's POV

I unloaded my horses and lead them to the paddock. As much as I love to ride them there's one horse in particular that I love to ride around here.

After I turned them out I went and helped Jase clean the trailer. He learned quickly how to clean the inside. I mucked the back out and hosed it down. The time was close to midnight. I finished and went to help Jase. Together we finished cleaning it up and locked it up.

Then took the dirty laundry to my house. We sorted it all out having two loads of jeans in the whole mix. By the time the second load of jeans were in I was ready to crash.

I fell on my bed not caring that I was still in my jeans and shirt. The bed moved slightly. I felt my jeans being unbuttoned then them being pulled off. My shirt was removed and replaced by a larger shirt.

He kissed my cheek before crawling into bed next to me. I fell asleep as close to him as I could.

I woke up to banging on the door. Jase was already up and in a pair of jeans. He grabbed a shirt and flung it over his head as he left the bedroom. The knocking ceased soon after.

Then mumbled voices that I could barely hear. "No sir... last night... yes. Would you like me to get her for you?... yes sir. I'll go wake her up." Jase came into the bedroom. I wanted to go back to sleep.

"Rylin." His hand rubbing my back felt good. A moan slipped my mouth. His chuckle filled the room. "Rylin. Your dad would like to talk with you." He said near my ear. "But I don't want to get up." I complained. He kissed my cheek. "He's in the living room waiting." He said.

"Could you make me food?" I asked. "If you promise to get out of bed and get dressed." He said. "Ok. I'll get up." I said throwing the covers off. I got a pair of jeans then a denim button down. I quickly tucked it in after deodorant and put on my leather working belt.

Then pulled my steel toe boots on. I pulled my hair back and slipped my phone into my shirt pocket. Finally I walked out into the living room seeing my dad sitting there talking to Jase.

I sat down next to Jase. "What would you like for breakfast?" He asked. "Something you can cook." I said. "It'll take me about ten minutes." He said getting up from his seat.

I moved into his seat closer to my dad. "Colt told me what happened when Max tried to get ahold of you the other day." Dad said. "I know. He should be almost dead. Blaze kicked him pretty hard and stomped on him when he tried to get me while I was brushing Blaze." I said.

Jase's POV

I stood in the kitchen listening to her and Zach talk about what happened last with my father. First thing I'm going to do is ask her uncles to toughen me up so I can protect her better.

I started cooking her pancakes then realized that the milk was out of date. I poked my head in the living room. "Hey Zach where's the closest place for milk?" I asked feeling like I interrupted something I shouldn't of.

Rylin's POV

"Depends on what you need it for." Dad answered him. "Her breakfast." Jase said. "There's a small convenience store about three miles from here." Dad said. "May I borrow your truck Ry?"

"On the hook where I left them last night." I said. He nodded before quickly leaving. "How'd you convince him to cook?" Dad asked. "That I'd get out of bed if he'd cook for me." I said. "That's one way." Dad said.