Chapter:34

Winnsboro, LA

I checked once again for my time of the month. Nothing. It's been seven weeks since my last. The week before the wedding. We really didn't do it until we got to Belton. That kinda scared me. Jase was still asleep in the bedroom.

I went into the bedroom. "Jase." He rolled over. "Jase." I said again louder. He rolled back over. "Jase Mathias." I said loudly. He finally lifted his head. "I think I may be pregnant." I said. He sat upright. "Are you sure?" He asked.

"Have you seen any evidence of me having my time of the month?" I asked him. He shook his head. "It's been seven weeks. The last one was a week before the wedding." I said.

He got up and dressed. "Do you want to go get a few tests to be sure?" He asked coming over and pulling me to him. I nodded against his chest.

He kissed the top of my head. "Then lets go get some breakfast and then go get some tests and see if you are." He said. I looked up at him. He kissed me. Then grabbed the truck keys and his wallet.

We walked out to the truck and got in. After a quick breakfast, me to nervous to eat, we took my food to go and went to a pharmacy nearby. I went in and got close to five. Then we went back to the trailer. He stood outside the bathroom waiting for the results.

I used three to be sure. Then set a timer for them. After the recommended time I was too nervous to check. "Would you like me to check?" He asked. I nodded. He kissed my forehead before going to check.

He came out after looking and crouched down in front of me. "Do you want to know?" He asked. I nodded nervous. "Then I guess rodeoing next year isn't an option. Now we only have eight more months to wait." He said. I looked at him shocked.

"We're going to have to schedule an ultrasound to see if it's healthy." He said. "Baby girl we're going to be parents." He said. Tears started filling my eyes. "What's wrong baby girl?" He asked pulling me from my seat on the couch to his lap in the floor.

"I don't want you to leave me." I said tears falling down my face. "Baby girl I promise I'll never leave you. We're bound together. We're one family. Our family is just expanding. It's not splitting apart." He said.

"My mother left my dad to raise me. He loved her like no tomorrow. Then she had to go and file a divorce with him not wanting anything to do with me or him. She was just waiting until after I was born and almost a month before she left him." I said gripping his shirt tightly.

"Baby girl. I'm never going to leave you no matter what. You know I was raised by my grandparents and have my priorities straight. I wanted a family. I got you and now we have a child. I want it to stay that way no matter what happens." He told me.

He wiped my tears away. Then lifted my chin to his face and kissed me.