Chapter:2

I woke up and got off the couch. My eyes still droopy. I got dressed and pulled my boots on. Then went to feed horses. Her four and my two. I gave them all water and refilled their hay.

Once the last was fed I locked up the stall and ran into something hard. I looked up to see Jase. He was peering down at me with blood shot eyes.

"Watch where your going baby." He said before continuing on his way. He's definitely hungover. No doubt by noon he'll be drinking again.

I watched as he walked off. Something wanted me to follow him to see what he was up to. I looked behind me then started following after him.

He turned to the right. I continued to follow. I found myself in the bull stock pens. He was petting one of the bulls. I watched as he just stood there petting the monstrous bull.

The bull turned his head facing me. I backed in behind the corner wall. "Is there something over there?" He asked the bull. It snorted. I kept quiet trying not to make any noise.

"What are you doing?" I jumped. "Are you that curious to see what I do when I'm not drunk?" He chuckled. I shook my head. He chuckled again.

"Have you ever been around the bulls when their not out in the ring?" He asked. I shook my head once again. He came closer and took my hand leading me over to the bull he was at previously.

"Go ahead and pet him. He won't bite." I stretched my hand out letting he bull sniff it. He licked my hand and I scratched his forehead. My face lit up as he moved closer. Jase reached in from behind me and scratched the bull behind its ears.

Jase quickly moved my arm back. The bull head butted the panel. I looked back at him. "Wouldn't want your arm broke now do you?" He asked. His hand remained on my lower arm.

"Wanna meet my favorite one?" He asked. I nodded. He led me to another pen. A brahma bull was standing in the back of a stock pen that we stopped in front of.

The bull came forwards. "This one loves to be bathed. Especially by his handlers. But he's a big teddy bear to anyone that wants to pet him." Jase told me. The bull reached through the pen to lick us.

Jase scratched its muzzle. "Come on before we get caught." He said leading me back. "So what are you planning to do when you retire?" I asked him.

"A stock contractor for rodeos. Once you get into the rodeo life you can't get enough of it." He replied. "I was thinking of becoming a pro horse trainer for rodeo." I told him.

"Yeah I saw you training your cousin's horse last year." He replied. I nodded. "Yeah once I get married and start having children that's when my career will start. I've just been saving up for the land across from my family's ranch since I turned sixteen just for that purpose." I told him.

"What living in Marshall Texas for the rest of your life?" He asked. "Why not? I don't know anywhere else to live." I replied. "Why not take your talent to a different state?" He asked. "I don't know. I just feel at home in Marshall." I replied.

Once we reached the stalls I saw Cassi running up the isle. "Oh my gosh Rylin don't you ever scare me like that again. You know your supposed to tell me where you go. Wyatt would kill me if something happens to you." She said as she wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Cass. Cass. Your. Choking. Me. Can't. Breathe." I told her. She released me. "You need to let me know where you go." "I promise I will." I told her.

"Did you water the horses?" She asked. "And gave them breakfast." I added. She sighed. "Your cousin called last night and told me that he's coming home early." Cassidy told me.

I nodded. "Ok so we'll see him soon?" I asked. She looked kind of unhopeful. "I don't know." She replied. I could hear the hurt in her voice.

"Cassidy why don't you go home to be with him? I'll be fine with the horses." I replied. "There's no way I'm leaving you on the road." She told me.

"Ask Rob if he'll let me travel with him. I promise to send half of my winnings home to you." I told her. She was hesitant.

"I don't know about it." She said. "I promise I'll be fine."