Chapter:11

Rylin's POV

I jumped when I heard stomping shaking the house. I got out of bed and walked into the living room. He was on the couch rocking himself trying to calm himself. I went over to him and gently touched his shoulder.

His head shot up. "Please go back to bed. I'm fine." He said shaking. I crouched down in front of him. "Jase I'm not going anywhere. Your not fine something happened that made you this way. Please tell me what it was." I said.

"I'm f***ing fine. Just leave me the hell alone." He yelled. I put his head in my hands. "Jase what happened?" I asked softly. He sighed shaking completely. "My dad did worse things to me than he ever did to your aunt. I wanted to yell at your uncle all week that he beat and raped me." He said getting onto the floor in front of me.

I pulled him to me. Even though he was just in boxers. He racked several times as his arms went around my waist and his head on my shoulder. "That's why I don't like sex and sleeping close to anyone." He said before another round of sobs escaped. I kissed his head.

"You know your not a bad guy right? I trust you. My aunts, grandparents, uncle Buck and dad trust you. My cousins even trust you." I said. He continued to sob. "Come on let's get to bed." I said pulling him to his feet and leading him to my room.

He reluctantly let me. I sat him on the bed then pulled him to me, letting his head rest on my chest. Then ran my fingers through his hair. He sighed now calm.

His arms slinked around me. He's tough but has rough patches. He's a great guy with a terrible past. We fell asleep together. My fingers still in his hair.

I woke up when Jase whimpered. He rolled over. I looked at the clock. Six thirty in the morning. I wrapped my arms around him from behind. He stilled a little. I put a leg over him. He rolled onto his back. I laid at his side.

Then pulled myself up to kiss his cheek. He pulled me closer to him. "Jase would you be fine if I went to barn real quick before we leave?" I asked him. He nodded. "Yeah. I'll be fine." He said.

I kissed his cheek again. He kissed mine. "I'll be fine Ry." He said. I smiled before getting up. Since the first night he's used that nickname. I grabbed a pair of ripped jeans and a thick strap Danskin tank top. Then a sports bra and a pair of socks.

After I got dressed I went across the street to see if my uncle Buck was anywhere. He'd definitely talk sense into Colt. I found him in the barn feeding the horses with my dad.

I hugged them once I was able to. "What's up Rye?" Buck asked. "Think I could talk to you real quick?" I asked. "I don't see why not. Zach got this covered?" He asked my dad.

"Yeah." He hollered. "Come on." He said. We went to the back of the barn away from anyone. "Ok so what's up?" He asked. "Jase has been having nightmares about his father. He told me this early morning that his father did worse to him than he ever did to Hedli. Basically he's a complete wreck about it." I said.

"Like how?" He asked. "Considering that Hedli was almost raped and was beat and cut I'm going to go out and say that at least once a week his father came by their house and beat and raped him and his siblings." I said. Buck looked down at the ground. "He was tempted to yell at Colt all week about it. How he was hurt more than he thought." I added.

"He has been hard on him. I'll see how the rest of the time goes and if he blows up or breaks down your going to have to be the one there since he trusts you." He told me. I nodded. "We won't be here longer than a bite to eat and loading up. Then we'll be gone for Belton." I told him.

He nodded. "Then I guess it's a family breakfast then." He said. A family breakfast included the whole family. Grandma and grandpa, my two uncles and dad, and all the cousins. Jase will definitely be sitting between me and dad. "Sounds good to me." I said before walking back through the barn.

A few seconds later the whole family knew about the family breakfast at Bucky's. I went back to my house to see Jase packing. "Hey would you mind eating with the whole family this morning." I asked. "No not really. I do mind it's just. I'll do it for you." He said before standing up.

"You don't have to talk to anyone about what happened this morning." I said wrapping him in my arms. He returned the gesture kissing my cheek. "Thank you." He said. We loaded our clothes into the back of the truck and drove to Buck's.

"Wow this is incredible." Jase said as I turned onto the drive to Buck's house. "He wanted a secluded place on the ranch. This field has been her as long as the ranch has." I said.

"Cool." He said. Once parked in front of the house we got out and went inside. I pulled my boots off on the front porch with Jase following my lead. Inside all of the cousins greeted me and Jase. Wyatt was the only one who didn't greet Jase.

This time Colt and Hedli were the last two to arrive. He still had that sour look on his face. We prayed before fixing plates and sitting down in random places. I sat next to Jase and Bailie was on the other side of him.