Food

"Can I turn around yet" I asked feeling impatient. You know for a boy he takes forever to dress, it's kind of sad.

"Yeah you can look now." Jase says

"Good because if you took much longer I would have-" I had stopped mid-sentence finally taking in his appearance. He looked like he hadn't eaten in years but still had some muscle from fighting. His hair was black and his eyes were such dark brown they looked black. "You know once we get you some food, okay a lot of food, you could look decent for your mate. A shower too."

"Well sorry but there isn't exactly soap and fresh water in the forest. Let alone a bunch of food." He said with a little sass. We could be great friends if he keeps this up.

"Okay let's get going, I can smell food a couple miles ahead and I have 10 dollars left in my pocket from when I went to the movies last week." I said as I started making my way.

Jase came by side and said something I never expected him to say "You know my wolf is very happy for this... and I guess I am too. So thanks." He said reluctantly "But don't expect this all the time alright. I am a tough werewolf that can kick butt." He added as if to redeem himself.

"You welcome and I wouldn't bet on it so don't worry." I said with a little shock in his sudden mood change. Silence took over us for a few minutes. The only sound was of us dodging logs and branches.

"You know you're getting food from the dollar menu right?" I said

"I wouldn't expect anything different from you." He said with a chuckle. "How old are you?"

"13, you?" I said still not looking his way.

"Are you serious!?!" he said. When I looked his way I say a shocked face evident on his face.

"Yeah, what's the big deal?" I said feeling insecure.

"You act like you are so much older and your alpha tone made you seem like you had been using it for years. I was more powerful than my previous alpha's who had been an alpha for 11 years." He said still shocked.

"Alpha tone?" I said very curious and wary.

"An alpha is a leader of a pack. You can never disobey him if he uses that tone." He said haunted by the subject of an alpha.

"How could I have an alpha tone? I am not an alpha or werewolf." I said trying to prove him wrong.

"I don't how but it's very powerful and that makes you practically invincible, especially since you aren't sworn under the alpha oath." He said." An alpha oath is what every alpha takes when they take control. They oath to use their alpha power for the good of the pack, to try their best to make there pack great, and they also oath to keep all pack members safe." He added once he saw my confused look.

"What's pack then?" I said unsure about this concept.

"A pack is a group of werewolves lead by an alpha." He said flatly. Silence made its way back into our ended conversation, and then I saw it,

"McDonalds!!!" I screamed. Let's just say I get a little excited when it comes to food.

"Dude, calm yourself! You're going to burst my eardrums!" Jase whisper screamed back at me. I dismissed him as I made our way up to the store. Jase got a few looks because it was freezing and he was only wearing a t-shirt and tattered up jeans with dirt on the bottoms. I thought quickly and gave him my hoodie because I had a long sleeve on and it was getting a little hot with it on.

He looked at it questioning so I answered his look with- "It's cold and humans think it's weird for someone to be in a t-shirt. It's okay for me because I have a long sleeve."

"Fine, but I am taking it off once we leave." He said. Once he put on we got to the entrance. The hoodie was a little tight but nothing unreasonable.

"Food here we come" I chanted as I pulled the door open. I heard him chuckling behind me which made my smile widen.

"What would you two like?" A man with a fake smile plastered on his face in a fake voice said.

"How about 3 cheeseburgers and 2 medium drinks" I ordered. One cheeseburger and one of the drinks was for me, the rest was for Jase.

"That will be $5.67. Is it for To Go or for here?" Mr. Fake said still with a smile on his face.

"For here and the name is Scarlett." I said noticing he was going to ask for a name for the receipt. I gave him the money and I got my back. Jase and I made our way to the drink station with our cups.

"Please say you like cheeseburgers." I whisper to him.

He chuckled and said "Any food sounds good right now. What you ordered is fine Scarlett."

I sighed in relief and started filling my drink with PowerAde and HC. It's awesome together and I haven't had it in a while.

"What the hell is that?" I heard Jase ask beside me looking into my drink with a judging look.

"Liquid heaven is what it is. Now shoo I want to drink it." I said making Jase back away. "Scarlett!" I heard in a sickly sweet voice.

"Go get a booth; I will be there in second. Take my drink too please." I told Jase. As he nodded and made his way to a booth I walked to the front to get my order.

"Here you go" Mr. Fake said.

"Thanks, and you should really try not to smile so much or you'll hurt yourself." I said whispering the last part. His face dropped once I finished the sentence.

When I got back to the table with our tray of deliciousness I saw Jase trying to stifle his laugh.

"What?" I asked curiously as I set down the tray.

"It heard that, and can I say I can't agree more. I would've said it myself but I was too hungry to care." Once he finished his sentence he took his food and ate a big bite of one cheeseburger.

"Oh you heard that. I was just looking out for his health; I mean it hurts for me to smile long enough for someone to take a picture. Imagine smiling for a whole work shift. I would die." I said dramatically. I looked up from my food that I have only half finished I saw all of Jase's food gone.

"That is skill." I said in awe and emphasizing every word.

"That is the first time anyone has congratulated me on that, you know that means a lot." He said wiping away his fake tears. Amusement was clear as day on his face as he spoke.

I chuckled as I finished my burger and said "Is that so?" while picking up the wrappers making my way to the trashcan.

Jase follow me and said "Yes, I think we will get along well and be great friends. Even though you are 13 and I am 19." while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Your 19?" I asked now realizing he never did answer my question from earlier.

"Yep, now let's go" He said as we walked out of the building into the woods.

"Yeah... now let's go find that mate of yours." I said with determination.