Coma

"Ugh!" I groaned as I slowly started sitting up.

Once I sat all the way up, I started to take in my surroundings. I was sitting in a twin bed that felt like one of those hospital beds that sound like tissue paper when you lay down. There were old and ratty brown curtains that covered the small window. An old fashioned chair lay next to my bed facing towards me, and a simple four legged table lay in the corner of the room serving as a desk. The floor was covered by dark carpet, so dark that I couldn't tell if it was dark green or black.

I started rubbing my eyes as I looked down at clothing I have never seen before. I didn't bother caring who changed me because I just woke up, meaning I couldn't be bothered with it.

There was a sudden squeak that came from outside the door followed by shuffling of feet. I took this time to studying the door that was made of splintering wood. In fact, the room was all made of wood, a log cabin at that.

Then abruptly, there was a bang as the door swung open with force surely leaving a large chunk of wood to come out on the other side. A familiar stood at the door I soon realized to be Ana. Before I could say anything to her I was crushed with a hug.

She had hugged me with a force that made me feel like I would break a rib. She started sobbing and speaking into my shirt making her words muffled and unable to make out.

"Ana I can't a word your saying." I said coaxing her to bring her out of my drenched shoulder sleeve.

Her sobs slowly began to disappear and her blabbering came to an end. "What year is it any ways? That had to be the best sleep I have ever had. Maybe I should pass out more you think." I said with a airy laugh with each word.

Her head abruptly jolted up. Ana's face changed from shocked to a 'are you stupid' face. "Scarlet, it's March twenty-seventh 2014, not December eighteenth 2013. You have been asleep for more than three months. Mr. Burns found you near the gas station with glass and rocks in you legs and blood pooling from your eyes, and brought you here." She said very slowly and announcing every word.

I wanted to tell her she was crazy or something but I knew she wasn't joking around by the look on her face. "What?" I said flabbergasted.

"Scarlet you were in a coma for 4 months." She started and took my hand in hers.

"Your body also changed in that time. Your looks changed along with your body system. Your blood can clot so much faster now making it impossible to actually bleed from a paper cut. Your bones are also stronger but lighter at the same time so you can run faster and with more grace. You can naturally build muscle easier and faster than I've ever seen. You can use more of your brain than the average werewolf, vampire, or human. You are incredible actually. You also look like a 18 year old along with your other body changes." She said gaining admiration with each word she spoke.

"How can that be?" I asked still not quite grasping the concept.

"Your body had evolved these past four months. Jase and I think it's because your gift I inhabiting you." She said non-chalantly,

I had to admit to myself I did think it was kind of cool, but my reasonable-self kept getting worried with this for 2 reasons.

1. I don't know what to do with it now that I have it.

2. Also I am scared that I won't be able to take this kind of pressure as time progresses.

"That's a lot of information for 4 months." I said whispering it under my breath.

"Yeah, well I was the third best pack doctor on the world." She said with her smile shining bright with pride.

"I know." I said quietly making her smile falter. "Can I please see myself?" I asked hoping to change the subject.

"Sure, follow me." She said shaking her head to stand.

Once she stood, I gasped loudly causing her to turn back around on her heel. I mentally slapped myself for not noticing it earlier. I surely should have felt the giant lump in my side as she crushed me into a hug. "You're pregnant." I said in happiness watching her eyes light up once she realized what I was so shocked about.

"Yeah, I am four months along. This baby girl is the cutest thing on the monitor." Ana said still very proud.

"You mean four months and two weeks." I said with a childish giggle. "Ruby is going to be adorable." I said while caressing her stomach.

Her face turned into a frown while she took a step back on the bed. "Scarlet, can you tell me who my father is?" She asked quizzically with her eyes slightly squinted.

"Of course I do! George Lance Brigs is the most accomplished Pack doctor there is. He also was a doctor for humans many years ago until he was bitten. He might just be the most respected pack member of the North Valley Pack since I kind of showed up the Alpha." I said ending with a slight blush along my cheeks.

Ana's face showed she wasn't too surprised by answer. "Okay, now tell me about the most powerful werewolf there is."

"Well that depends if you are talking about a pure werewolf or a werewolf hybrid. The Werewolf council has many respected werewolves, but I'd say Kermit Hoffless is the most powerful among the council and all other pure werewolves. If you are considering both pure and hybrid werewolves, the Alpha King wins by a landslide with both strength and intelligence." I said finishing off out of breath from my rant.

Ana looked astonished in a way as she took my hands in hers. "Scarlet, it looks like when you were in a coma you were given another thing I hadn't realized your gift had given you. When you brain opened up more useful space, it was used as storage for the new knowledge you gained. You have knowledge on all werewolves along with many other things I believe we can identify over time."

I lowered my head suddenly feeling sad that my gift had indeed taken over me and my life. "Can you please give me a moment to myself?" I said retrieving my hands from Ana's.

She shakily said "Okay." I could hear her sobs as she closed the door and walked down what I expected to be a hallway.

I put it back up, I think its better now that it is later in the book. Tell me what you guys think, and I am open to constructive critism. Love hearing what you guys have to say!