Aaron

"Really!?!" I whispered furiously to myself bringing my head down to a bow.

"Can I help you?" I heard a voice say from the side of me. I lifted my head to the man I saw yesterday. He had brown tousled hair, a maroon polo on, and I couldn't see his pants because he was still behind the counter. He had a little bit of muscle, but not enough to make his shirt look tight with ab lines. I expected instantly for my gift to take over but instead it resided far in me, so I resorted to the next best thing and just went with what my heart, and it almost felt foreign.

"Oh no, but do you think I could talk to you real quick." I say sweetly hoping that would convince him enough to tell him about his mate, though I didn't think it would be hard with how hard he blushed yesterday with a simple look. I walked toward the counter and stopped in front of him.

His cheeks flushed and he said a little too high and antsy, "Sure!" I was hoping he wasn't thinking I liked him, but once I tell him about his mate, he should be fine. "Here I know a place in the back were we could have some privacy." He led me through the racks of food and to the back of the store. He flicked on the light them walked inside what looked like a break room. There was a coffee maker, a table, and some cheap chairs. Just like the one back at McDonalds my sister would describe to me back home.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" He said suddenly shy and still a hint of the blush left from earlier.

I took a second to figure out what to say considering I don't have my gift to help. I could feel it there, but it just wasn't assisting me at the time. "Okay, first of all I know you're a werewolf." The second I said that he went pale, so to his growing paleness I quickly added "I also have a gift that tells me who and where your mate is."

I studied him waiting for his reaction as he stared into my eyes as if I would tell him if I was lying or not. His face changed from scared to shock to doubtful then finally to happy making me feel relieved with his choice of emotions. His staring reminded me of when I first told Jase to look into my eyes and see if I was lying when I first told him about his mate. "You really mean it don't you?" He said very joyful with still a little doubtfulness resonated throughout his words.

"Of course, though I wouldn't be able to personally take you to her." I said reassuringly. The reason I couldn't take him myself was because I knew I would have to be there for Jase and Ana. "I will help you any way I can though."

"Yes!" I heard him say while doing a high five to the air. "Tell me who and where she is then." He said anxious and demanding at the same time causing me to smile lightly.

"Her name is Janice Reeds and resides in Silver Dawn Pack." I said trying to recalling the details clearly while furrowing my eyebrows as I focused.

"This means so much, thank you! How can I ever repay you?" He said with so much gratitude after pulling me into a hug.

I knew immediately what I wanted, even without my gift to guide me to the right choice. "I really need a job, so do you think you could give me one here?" I said closing my eyes and crossing my fingers for a yes. I started chanting 'please, please' into my head wishing it would come true.

"Anything for you, as a matter of fact you can start tomorrow at 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. You will be covering my shift while I go find my mate." He obliged. I did a little happy dance making 'him' laugh. Wait, I don't even know this guy's name. I looked down at his maroon polo to find a name tag, and when I did it said 'AARON' in big black letters.

"Thank you Aaron, my name is Scarlett and I will be your new employee." I said brightly with a smile. I put my hand out for him to shake.

Instead, he shook his head and said "Oh no, I am not the boss here, Will, I mean Mr. Burns, is. He is also a werewolf so he will understand what is going on. As a matter of fact, he only hires werewolves and vampires. I am the only one here who didn't have a mate, and I guess that's fixed now." He said with a chuckle. "I will speak to him, I know for a matter of fact that he will allow you to work here Scarlett."

"Thank you so much Aaron, it means a lot. Would it hurt his decision if I told you I'm 13?" I said not looking at him. I was very nervous what his answer was, because I have never seen a 13 year old work at a gas station. I was also hoping with my height and maturity that would make it look like I was older to customers so that wouldn't cause a problem, though I was still very nervous.

"Um, that might be a problem, but with what you did for me, your mature looks, and a little convincing I think I could get him to agree with it. He is a very understanding man so I think I could get him to comprehend why." He said looking more and more confident as he spoke each word. It almost looked like he was convincing himself more than me if anything worrying me slightly. 

"Alright, good luck with your mate." I said with a sigh.

"Thanks, now how about you go home and get ready for you shift in the morning, 9 o'clock sharp." He said suggestively.

"Okay, and just out of curiosity how much would I get paid an hour?" I asked trying not sound greedy or anything like that.

"$8.13 an hour, it's pretty decent for this kind of job and really simple. The cash register is pretty straightforward and the rest of the job consists of stacking up merchandise or putting things back where they belong. You might have to clean a bathroom once in a while, it's usually not that bad. Simple enough." He concluded.

"I think I can do that." I said with a smile. I was really relived I wasn't going to have to do anything to hard. "Wait do you think you could get me a knife or at least a box cutter?" I asked because I knew hunting wouldn't be easy without that. I also didn't have any money so I thought that could be part of the 'payment'.

"Sure, catch." He said picking a knife up from the back counter. I watched the glint of small blade twirl in the air as I caught the knife by its handle. It was a box cutter, and by the looks of it, it was relatively new. I spun it around in my fingers and looked up at Aaron with a smile. "Thanks." I said. When I turned to the entrance I yelled 'Bye' from over my shoulder.

With that I left zooming through the tree line with my ticket to food.